tire time....wanna go a smidge larger than stock

fountain

Original poster
Apr 23, 2012
16" stock lt wheels. what size is gonna fit. it will be a dd vehicle and very little off road/hunting. i really like the safari tsr, but open to any. id like to go up to a 265 for more options, but know im gonna have issues fitting them and its not lifted yet. i want a little bigger and more aggressive than stock...just now sure exactly what that is yet!

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
There's a thread about what will fit, and searching for "largest tires" might be illuminating.

But the basic idea is that your current OEM tires are 29.0" diameter and you need to keep the replacements to under 30.5" so as to not hit the upper ball joint. There are many tire size calculators available to see what the outer diameter (nominal) is of various proposed tires you want to try. Talk to your local tire store as well, since many tire styles are slightly larger or smaller than their nominal sizes.

SAR85

Jan 31, 2012
I recently went with 255 70R16 BFG Rugged Terrain. I have only about 2500 miles in them but they are doing well so far and fit with no problems.

fountain

Original poster
Apr 23, 2012
thanks for the chart. so im seeing a 245/75/16 could also fit with no troubles? i also see a lot about the treadwright tires. whats up with them?

tblazerdude

Dec 4, 2011
fountain said:
thanks for the chart. so im seeing a 245/75/16 could also fit with no troubles? i also see a lot about the treadwright tires. whats up with them?

I believe that's the size of the stock/oem tires. 255/70/16 is a slightly larger tire that has been known to fit 99% of the time. I would recommend that.
Tire Search Results

fountain

Original poster
Apr 23, 2012
well i just went with stock size in the wild country xtx sport. maybe they will work out. id like to eventually go up to a 265 and lift the front a touch. but for now, im just gonna ride. i just got it and its gonna be my "trip" vehicle

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
y33tsteve

Members Online

No members online now.