Thumping sound after 3" body lift???

c bausch

Original poster
Jan 13, 2012
Hey guys well ... I installed my body lift a few weekends ago thanks for the help mark! And it feels like its a stiffer ride witch i expected . Now i notice everytime i ride over a nice bump or curb style drop ,my front end feels like theres a hard thumping sound / feeling when i come down it thunks and feels like a fast spring back up? I havent looks into it that much till this weekend. My uac's arent flipped yet and its about time the change the suspensionmaxx sway bar links in the front ( bushings cracked ) also my struts and mounts were replaced in june. So any idea why this thunking bounce is happening ?:smile:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Unhook the sway bar first and see if it goes away.

Also are the bumper brackets totally tight?

c bausch

Original poster
Jan 13, 2012
Im pretty sure that the bumper is good , but ill check it out , ill take the links off in the front this weekend . Hey how does someone know when they need a adjustable pan hard bar in the back?

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
c bausch said:
Hey guys well ... I installed my body lift a few weekends ago thanks for the help mark! And it feels like its a stiffer ride witch i expected .

Are you f'ing kidding me? A body lift made the suspension stiffer...and you expected this.

c bausch said:
Now i notice everytime i ride over a nice bump or curb style drop ,my front end feels like theres a hard thumping sound / feeling when i come down it thunks and feels like a fast spring back up? I havent looks into it that much till this weekend. My uac's arent flipped yet and its about time the change the suspensionmaxx sway bar links in the front ( bushings cracked ) also my struts and mounts were replaced in june. So any idea why this thunking bounce is happening ?:smile:

If the body bolts are tight and bumper brackets are tight, then it has zero to do with a body lift.

If the UCA were not flipped before and you did not have this issue, then I highly doubt it would fix it. The sway bar bushings would be the first thing I would be checking out. As said, disco and see if it goes away.

Do you have anything done to the suspension other than new struts and mounts? I would also check those for snugness. Could also cause the sound/feeling if they were not properly torqued and have worked loose.

c bausch

Original poster
Jan 13, 2012
Solved! Two of my sway bar bushings were worn in the front and two of my lift bolts going threw the 3" spacer's backed out . Thank god i did lose those bolts! I must have missed torquing them but all in all found everything this afternoon thanks everyone

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
memoremix

Members Online