Throttle body cleaning with no battery disconnect....information needed please.

c good

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
Hi All,
I'm going to be cleaning my throttle body soon but do not want to disconnect the battery due to the potential failure of my HVAC actuators. I've heard that I can pull some PCM fuses to accomplish the throttle body relearn, and still keeping power to the actuators. Does anyone know which fuses will accomplish this? Thanks for any help with this. c good

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
MAY03LT said:

Funny this thread is here today. Earlier this week I helped my friend change a fuel pump and fuel filter and then suggested throttle body cleaning as well. After new fuel pump (pulled fuel pump relay for that and left battery connected), fuel filter and throttle body cleaning he didn't want to disconnect the battery to force the relearn because of the actuators. He drove the 03TB and noticed it idles around a 1000 after we were done. Yesterday he pulled those 2 fuses to force the PCM relearn. The idle has returned to normal. He was very impressed with how much better the truck runs now after these new parts and cleaning throttle body. He's gonna clean the throttle body on his Sierra 5.3 now.

I'm sure you'll like the results when your done cleaning the throttle body.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danbrennan