Thoughts on moog strut assembly.

charger22

Original poster
Feb 2, 2014
Slowly going through the suspension. Tie rods this week. Then looking at jumping into control arm bushings and ball joints and was thinking just going with shocks front and rear.

Just came across the Moog st8564. I Usually stick to Moog but was originally going to go bilstiens for the shocks then saw this set up.

CaptainKD

Jan 13, 2012
I put bilsteins on my truck. If I had to do it again, I'd probably look for an assembly like you posted (strut and spring combined). It made me insane trying to find a shop that didn't want to gauge me on price to use their wall spring compressor. I ended up paying $40 to get the front struts/springs assembled. The Merlins down that street quoted me $120 :nono: for 20 minutes of work. What's wrong with people?!?!

Reactions: Redbeard and smt 59

smt 59

Agreed, I have Bilsteins and would do them again. I went the quick strut route and was not impressed at all. I found a spring shop that did mine and did not rape my wallet.

shovenose

Apr 24, 2016
SF Bay Area, CA
Moog is not all it used to be. I'd put a product made by an actual shock manufacturer like KYB. Avoid Monroe/Rancho though lol.

charger22

Original poster
Feb 2, 2014
Have heard a lot of bad around Monroe quick struts. Just seeing if there were any of these that would be good quality. And avoid me doing the shop dance when I want both new shocks and springs anyhow.

smt 59

What brand did you use?

I used the Monroe quick strut and they really sucked, did not control body roll and just poor response to your typical road conditions, super stiff when you did not want it and poor responsiveness, had them for about a year and could not take it anymore . Put in Bilsteins and wow what a difference, would not go any other way.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online