thermostat without outlet/housing?

matts04tbls

Original poster
Oct 28, 2012
MY thermostat arrived today without housing/outlet??? Can it be replaced using my existing outlet by just removing the old tsat from it? Please advise asap!

dfc739

Jul 29, 2012
Des Moines, IA
matts04tbls said:
MY thermostat arrived today without housing/outlet??? Can it be replaced using my existing outlet by just removing the old tsat from it? Please advise asap!

First, are you sure they sent you the right one? Where did you order it? I've replaced other thermostats that were just the thermostat itself (no housing) but I've replaced a couple on my Trailblazer and it has always included the housing. I think we are actually the exception and not the rule in this case though. While it is possible to replace just the thermostat portion, it's kind of a pain. If I recall correctly, it's spring loaded and you have to compress the spring while rotating the thermostat portion. Then it comes right out. Assembly is the reverse- compress spring and rotate so it is held in by the tabs.

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
sounds like they sent you a v8 stat

matts04tbls

Original poster
Oct 28, 2012
I ordered it through my work, returned it and went to advance, bought a stant lol

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cunra731

Members Online