The Chevy SS, Thoughts?

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Well its lighter and has a bigger engine than a tbss(ls3)...so its gonna be faster. Haha. Its ok....I am just not into cars. I would definately drive one for shits n giggles tho.

DFWWIZ

Dec 5, 2011
I'm ready to trade in the wife's 07 5.3 MCSS on one. Rwd and 415 hp (20 more than what the TBSS had) in stock form just means this will get tweaked like my TBSS has been.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
they just brought back an "upgraded" G8... not my cup of tea... will bne intersting to see if people around the area buy them and head to the track, or if it will be like the TBSS and a bunch of old people drive them and dont know what they have :rotfl:

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
looks are okay I agree with the G8 comment but front wheel drive :frown: I'll pass on it. Besides I'm eyeing that Gorgeous 2014 Sierra :biggrin:

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
TexazReece said:
looks are okay I agree with the G8 comment but front wheel drive :frown: I'll pass on it. Besides I'm eyeing that Gorgeous 2014 Sierra :biggrin:
fwd :confused: the ss is rwd, the new impala is fwd like the current one

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Boricua SS said:
or if it will be like the TBSS and a bunch of old people drive them and dont know what they have :rotfl:

Yes,because the old people have all the $$$$ :biggrin:

oh05ext

Dec 7, 2011
i liked the G8,this is just a different version thats begging for mods.i like a big sedan with rwd and a v8.

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
ConeKilrAutoX said:
they need to bring back the '96 gen impala ss style with RWD!!!
thats why i DIY :cool:
IMAG0481.jpg

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
jimmyjam said:
fwd :confused: the ss is rwd, the new impala is fwd like the current one

That's what I mean't by fwd.....the 2014 ss is fwd ( I thought }but darn sure know the tbss is awd or rwd

tblazerdude

Dec 4, 2011
TexazReece said:
That's what I mean't by fwd.....the 2014 ss is fwd ( I thought }but darn sure know the tbss is awd or rwd

Right, the new Chevrolet SS is RWD. And yes, I want one. Prolly drive my TB till the wheels fall off, but I'll get the wife the new SS, and drive it when I please. But I will wait until 2015 to buy a slightly abused 14 model. Looks better than the 300c SRT8 imho. I bet this also means Cadillac will be making a new full size RWD V8 sedan. x2 excitement.

STLtrailbSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
We need a beamer killer. Chevy has to become "Mad" as Jeremy Clarkson would say why not 480hp. i don't know its really bothering me hahah 415 is in the middle and nothing says wow. ofcourse mods are endless on a LS but just man up and send them out ballsy...I guess thats for rich folk and the CTS-v

tblazerdude

Dec 4, 2011
STLtrailbSS said:
We need a beamer killer. Chevy has to become "Mad" as Jeremy Clarkson would say why not 480hp. i don't know its really bothering me hahah 415 is in the middle and nothing says wow. ofcourse mods are endless on a LS but just man up and send them out ballsy...I guess thats for rich folk and the CTS-v

jag killer, benz killer, etc. Chevy won't be badging that. Look for Cadillac to pump out 550+HP in a 70k sedan, competing with the $100-$120k imports.

these are badd tho;
Build Your Own Jaguar | Jaguar USA

STLtrailbSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
We have in Chevrolet just have to have the coveted Z.
ZL1&ZR1

I dont think people realize just how amazing that corvette is for $112,000. You out handle super cars on the Nurburgring. Including
Porche GT2 RS 167,000
Pagani Zonda R 440,00
Enzo Ferrari
Ferrari 458 190,00
Koenigsegg CCX 500,000

Yes they are all more exotic but Chevy is beating them with a "Standard Layout" Charged V8. Those cars are v10s and 12 tuned and tweaked to the absolute most developed and inspired from F1 elements. Amazing. Have to give a shout out to Nissan the GTR worked the ZR1 and was right behind the viper for 60-70k that car is unreal.

Well we got off topic here. So god damn chevy throw me 40-60hp

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
What's not to like: It's a Holden, over 400hp that can be up'd really easy, RWD, 6 speed manual if you want it and it's Australian...like I said, what's not to like? :biggrin:

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
TexazReece said:

The ss and impala are two completely different cars

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
jimmyjam said:
The ss and impala are two completely different cars

JimmyJam is right, I think there's some confusion between the Chevrolet SS, and the former Chevrolet Impala SS. Nothing alike. The Impala has been completely overhauled and there won't be an SS version, and the Chevrolet SS is a new car, based on the aussie Holden VF Commodore (just to differentiate it from the Pontiac G8, the G8 was based on the VE Commodore).

For those who are NASCAR fans, the SS has replaced the Impala SS for this season in Sprint Cup, so flip on the TV sunday, you can watch the new SS, Fusion, and Camry go round in circles.

DFWWIZ

Dec 5, 2011
TexazReece said:

Reece,
You need to quit working those long hours-its starting to affect your thought process. :smile: The new SS is definitely rear wheel drive with all that HP. I don't thinkGM has any FWD that could handle it. My wife's 07 SS with 100 HP less than the new SS is a handfull to drive with FWD and you sure as hell don't want to drive it without TC on; it just smokes the tires. Plus there has been alot of problems with that trans even with the SC V6's. Her trans has been acting up for over a year.
Kev

DFWWIZ

Dec 5, 2011
jimmyjam said:
thats why i DIY :cool:
IMAG0481.jpg

I think the RWD Monte Carlo SS is due back in a couple years. :thumbsup:

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
2010 CamaroSS said:
However, I wouldn't give up my Camaro SS for it.

They use the same engine and chassis FWIW.

Pricing is going to kill it a bit...Mid-$40K.

million-miles

Jan 10, 2012
I have a friend in the Sheriffs dept and he just got a new ss. Even with all his gear and lights and junk he says that thing gets up and runs.

redleg6

Apr 10, 2012
is your friend's Chevy badged as an SS or as a Caprice? I saw a police package Caprice during the summer in Illinois, no lights or outward makings, just the factory tranist sticker in the window and it stated it wasn't for public sale...although it had a V6 and it said PPV on the sticker

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011

Attachments

• X11CH-CA018.jpg
    X11CH-CA018.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 23

BoldAdventure

Jun 28, 2012
I like the GXP better, not crazy about the new styling on the SS even though it's just a newer version of the G8/Commodore

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shinystar696

Members Online