Tekonsha Prodigy P3 Brake Controller Install How-To

Bartonmd

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
OK, this is the Tekonsha P3 brake controller install How-To with pictures that I did for the "Articles" section on the OS, several years ago, that hasn't been posted yet. I made it a PDF and hosted it on a friend's server. It doesn't look quite as nice as the web view layout (page breaks), but the information is there.

8MB PDF here:
http://www.hobicus.com/bartonmd/Trailblazer Brake Controller Install.pdf

I'd be happy to provide the Word file when the How-To articles get up and running, here...

Mike

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
We have some articles up and running as we speak. If you want to send that word file to me that would be great. Also, if you want, you can send me the pdf and I can host it here for you too. No charge!:biggrin:

Ghoster@gmtnation.com

Bartonmd

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
I'll email the Word file over this afternoon, thanks!

It's not costing me anything to have it on my buddy's "images and videos of questional taste" server, but thanks on the PDF!

Mike

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Should be exactly the same however confirm wire colours are the same using the label that's on the truck's wiring harness.

One thing that's not mentioned is if you need power at the rear trailer 7 pin connector to charge a battery on the trailer, you need to connect the red wire at the fuse box.

pell

Jun 5, 2017
Pelham, NH
Hey thanks for the info. I now have my 2006 as a donor vehicle as the engine finally locked up. Now have an 2007 with bad A/C clutch, will be searching forums to take care of it.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON

pell

Jun 5, 2017
Pelham, NH
Donor bad for A/C for about 3 years. The 07 is an LS with sun roof, running boards, Bose radio, and all dash lights work. It has 108K miles and is in great shape. Going to replace the compressor with new. Believe in the long run worth the time to replace the whole unit than just the clutch. The brake controller work great, grabbed all the wire possible now in easy reach. If may camper had a 12 volt frig would have tied in pin 7, good to know should it need it.

Reactions: Mooseman

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
33chevyrod

Members Online