TECH II Scanner close to me?

Steve A

Original poster
After calling the local shops in the area, and contacting 3 dealers and having them tell me that a 5 minute job is going to take an hour and $150 bucks, I am looking for someone that is close to zip code 23314.

If you are close I will supply the beer and a few bucks for your time. I will need to re-learn a VIN for my Navigation radio.

Steve

TB360

Dec 29, 2011
Steve A said:
After calling the local shops in the area, and contacting 3 dealers and having them tell me that a 5 minute job is going to take an hour and $150 bucks, I am looking for someone that is close to zip code 23314.

If you are close I will supply the beer and a few bucks for your time. I will need to re-learn a VIN for my Navigation radio.

Steve

$150? I was quoted before for $275 in Central valley area here in CA. Hope someone can find this post near you.

Steve A

Original poster
TB360 said:
$150? I was quoted before for $275 in Central valley area here in CA. Hope someone can find this post near you.

Yea when I called and they said I would have to make an appointment, and it would take an hour or so to complete. I told him it was a 5 minute job and could be done in the parking lot, one guy told me that they couldn't charge me for just 5 minutes because the shop minimum was an hour... LOL I said thanks, I'm not paying you that kind of money for a 5 minute job.

I think I have found a scanner here in town, I am just waiting for the phone call back. But please dont let that stop you from offering up your TECH II.

I forgot to mention that I will drive to you, and the beer will be ICE cold when I get there. Just gotta tell me what you drink.

Steve

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
It really doesnt make sense for them to charge so much. but I guess thats how they make their money, raping their customers. GM has been doing that for years thou, why should they stop now..

I called many of my local dealers as well, and each one of them quoted me 100-400 bucks.

Also, search ebay. Their is a guy that you can send your radio to, he will VIN clear it, and send it back to you, for like 62 bucks or sometihng.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spellman1989

Members Online