TB Driver Side Power Seat

mkavanaugh4

Original poster
Member
Jul 30, 2012
20
I've had my 03 Trailblazer Ext Lt for about 2 years now and ever since i bought it from the dealership, the driver side power seat controls cover has been broke. I've taken it back to the maintenance shop twice for repair and replacement, but it keeps breaking. I was thinking of replacing the screws with longer and heavier bolts or even redrilling. If anyone has experienced this before or has any ideas, it would be greatly appriciated. Thanks. Mike.
 

Boricua SS

Member
Nov 20, 2011
3,080
Ohio
welcome to the world of the faulty GM designs :rotfl:

this is a very very common problem... and we all just pretty much deal with it.. i know some fab up something once it breaks.. but i dont think there is much we can do besides replace them.. i myself have gone through 3... they are only $25 bucks at the dealershiip here for me.. so no big deal.. but i understand your frustration..
 

Blckshdw

Moderator
Nov 20, 2011
10,691
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Mine's busted too, I just leave it hanging... One day I'll get around to replacing it :hopeless:
 

Denali n DOO

Member
May 22, 2012
5,596
Mine broke too, replaced it in the spring, #19121427 $40.25 or $45.48 with tax :hissyfit: , I think they break from sliding out of the seat and hooking on a corner.
 

Spalding1028

Member
Jan 20, 2012
60
Denali n DOO said:
I think they break from sliding out of the seat and hooking on a corner.

:iagree:

Mine broke a little about 2 months after I bought mine. I determined it was from sliding out of the seat, so now I use my nerf tubes when I get out. I found a pretty good set for ~$150
 

Uncle Blazer

Member
Dec 8, 2011
263
Mine also broke(heard the snap probably within the first week of owning it). It still stays in place pretty good so no plan on replacing. Now I intentionally lift my lazy ass out of the driver seat rather than slide.
 

mkavanaugh4

Original poster
Member
Jul 30, 2012
20
Update on my broken power seat control cover. I managed to fix it last weekend and so far it's holding pretty good. The plastic end on one of the screw points was completely broken off. I filed it down to level and used Gorilla Glue to attach a steal washer to the end. I used electrical tape to hold it in place while the glue dried, but ended up just leaving it on for installation. I then used a slightly larger screw for two of the holes. The third hole didn't have any problems so I reused the factory screw. So far so good, still holding tight.
 

Forum Statistics

Threads
23,388
Posts
638,718
Members
18,595
Latest member
ShowMeStL

Members Online