switchback turn signals

Black_tb

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
[EBAY]251150992027[/EBAY]

[EBAY]251091852465[/EBAY]

is this everything i would need for the front?

ConeKilrAutoX

Dec 8, 2011
If you want amber / off / amber / off blinking mode or Amber / white / amber white (HARDER TO SEE!) make sure you find out before you order what type of blinking it is. I made the mistake of getting amber /white blinking and people could not tell I was turning. I now have White when not turning and then when I turn I have it blinking amber off amber off.

check out this site it might help
http://autolumination.com/switchback.html

A/W is amber white blinking then goes back to solid white
A/O is amber off blinking then goes back to solid white

my A/O 60 Led White-Amber Switchback Bulbs 20mmX52mm ( $29 each though :/ )
[video=youtube;xNkyptnPXLQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNkyptnPXLQ&feature=player_embedded[/video]

DFWWIZ

Dec 5, 2011
OR...do you want 3157 Switchbacks with white on as parking lamps and switch to amber when turning, as in white..amber.. white.. amber..white
This is what I sell in 60 SMD and the pair of resistors for $25 shipped. Or you can have white/amber in a CREE style turn signal with resistors for $25 shipped also.
Kev

There are some types that keep white on continuous with the flash of amber for turn signal and that type is not as visible since the white overwhelms.

Black_tb

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
Ok I'm a believer that i should buy from local people instead of ppl in china and I'm sorry forgot about your website so next time i get paid ill be head over to your website just hoping u have directions for those resistors

CdnGMan

Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
DFWWIZ said:
OR...do you want 3157 Switchbacks with white on as parking lamps and switch to amber when turning, as in white..amber.. white.. amber..white
This is what I sell in 60 SMD and the pair of resistors for $25 shipped. Or you can have white/amber in a CREE style turn signal with resistors for $25 shipped also.
Kev

There are some types that keep white on continuous with the flash of amber for turn signal and that type is not as visible since the white overwhelms.

What's the difference in light output between the SMD & the Cree?

What's the cost in shipping to have those bad boys shipped north (to Toronto)??

DFWWIZ

Dec 5, 2011
CdnGMan said:
What's the difference in light output between the SMD & the Cree?

What's the cost in shipping to have those bad boys shipped north (to Toronto)??

Cree is a US company that developed a micro-circuit for a single SMD that boosts power by 13 1/2 times. So the output is night and day different. I'mnot sure what it costs to ship to Canada-maybe $5 more. I can find out tomorrow when hit the P.O. to send out some more pkgs. Whats the address?
Kev

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Kev,

SRCK park/indicator bulbs in front (white/amber) for my goofy bastard?

DFWWIZ

Dec 5, 2011
Matt said:
Kev,

SRCK park/indicator bulbs in front (white/amber) for my goofy bastard?

Matt,
I actually do have 3157 SRCK white/amber. Been sitting on a bunch for sometime.
Kev

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
DFWWIZ said:
Matt,
I actually do have 3157 SRCK white/amber. Been sitting on a bunch for sometime.Kev

May be a good time for a Blowout Sale? :biggrin:

Black_tb

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
for ppl like me who forgot the web site cant we get a shout out ?

DFWWIZ

Dec 5, 2011
Denali n DOO said:
May be a good time for a Blowout Sale? :biggrin:

I'm all for it if I can get an address to see what shipping costs. :wootwoot:

Black_tb

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
DFWWIZ said:
I'm all for it if I can get an address to see what shipping costs. :wootwoot:

ok how much for the cree ones front and back white on then switch to amber going to 41018?

DFWWIZ

Dec 5, 2011
Black_tb said:
ok how much for the cree ones front and back white on then switch to amber going to 41018?

$45 for all 4 with resistors, but I'm confused on the white/amber for the BACK? We are talking about SRCK type, right? (polarity is different from regular 3157 bulb) On a TB its usually reg 3157 in front and SRCK in back.

Black_tb

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
yeah that is true duh wasn't thinking about that guess i just need regular turn signals in the back still same price ?

DFWWIZ

Dec 5, 2011
Black_tb said:
yeah that is true duh wasn't thinking about that guess i just need regular turn signals in the back still same price ?

The front bulbs are regular 3157 (unless you know something I don't) which I have in a Cree style and the rear are 3157 CK (polarity is rotated 90 degrees on the 4 contacts) which I have dual red SMD type similar to the Cree. And yes I would do the same price for all of those (to KY is just $2 with tracking #)

Black_tb

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
Ok I'll have to send a pm next Thursday when I get paid

DFWWIZ

Dec 5, 2011
Black_tb said:
Ok I'll have to send a pm next Thursday when I get paid

Cool, you got it! :thumbsup:

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
DFWWIZ said:
Matt,
I actually do have 3157 SRCK white/amber. Been sitting on a bunch for sometime.
Kev

PM sent.

Black_tb

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
do the resistors come with some kinda instructions with them ?

DFWWIZ

Dec 5, 2011
Black_tb said:
do the resistors come with some kinda instructions with them ?

They are just an easy attach one end to pos and the other end to the neg of your turn signal wires. you can use quick splices or seperate the insulation enough on the signal wires to solder the resistor wires to those pos and neg wires leading to the turn signal's socket.

DFWWIZ

Dec 5, 2011
ConeKilrAutoX said:
attach them to metal if possible too...some get really really hot!!!

They will get hot if they were on constantly but not that hot when only operating as signal.

ConeKilrAutoX

Dec 8, 2011
DFWWIZ said:
They will get hot if they were on constantly but not that hot when only operating as signal.
True...I just play it safe. I was at a redlight waiting to turn for about 45 seconds (with my turn signal on) and they melted the plastic I first had them installed by. just my :twocents: I learned from that mistake haha !

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
ConeKilrAutoX said:
True...I just play it safe. I was at a redlight waiting to turn for about 45 seconds (with my turn signal on) and they melted the plastic I first had them installed by. just my :twocents: I learned from that mistake haha !

How did you mount them? I need to mount a pair and I thought of using some industrial velcro like how I mount HID ballasts, but then the heat buildup made me wonder if they wouldn't just melt the adhesive and fall off.

ConeKilrAutoX

Dec 8, 2011
Sparky said:
How did you mount them? I need to mount a pair and I thought of using some industrial velcro like how I mount HID ballasts, but then the heat buildup made me wonder if they wouldn't just melt the adhesive and fall off.

Hi, well I screwed them into the metal behind the headlight (but not on the outside of the engine bay part of the body) it is by the corner amber side so it is not touching any plastic.
here is a picture:
View attachment 25391

HOPE THIS HELPS

Attachments

• IMG_4146.jpg
    IMG_4146.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 17

Black_tb

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
View attachment 25752

Somebody please tell me what I'm doing wrong still getting hyper flash on front

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357408059.602990.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357408059.602990.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 138

ConeKilrAutoX

Dec 8, 2011
Black_tb said:
View attachment 11592

Somebody please tell me what I'm doing wrong still getting hyper flash on front

make sure the splice connectors are touching the wires securely. I had trouble making a connection with the thin blue and black wires using those connectors. I ended up cutting back some insulation on the blue and on the black wires and then wrapping the resistor wiring around the bare blue and black wiring where I cut off the insulation.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
I used those connectors initially and found them sketchy, at best.

I just sliced in the wire, soldered it and covered it in heat-shrink.

Black_tb

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
Please does any body have pictures for the rear tail lights with the resistors installed just wondering how and where they installed them thanks

Black_tb

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
Anybody ? Anybody ?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Judging from the responses in posts 29 and 30, I would suspect the contact made by those splice connectors to the stock wiring might be your issue, not their install location. Have you tested them to make sure they are making a good connection? (meaning activate your turn signal, and use your meter to make sure there is voltage seen at the resistor) If the taps haven't cut through the insulation on the turn signal wires and/or the load resistor wires, you'll have the exact situation you're experiencing.

Black_tb

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
Actually I haven't install the resistors to the rear yet just to front ones that why I was wondering bout the rear

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Honestly, I'm going to move my rear 3ohm resistors to the front. I just replaced them after 2 years because the salt and crap being flung up by the rear wheels ate through the aluminium heat sink and killed the resistors.

As Juan (I think) said in the other thread, just send back what you've got and get the 3ohm, put them in the front and be done with it...they'll work for both front and rear and you don't have to worry about them being eat by road grime/salt etc.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shinystar696

Members Online