Switchback LEDs anybody that actually uses them?

kjkim93

Original poster
Member
Jan 1, 2012
696
I was wondering how many people are actually running switchback bulbs. I'm thinking of buying off the vendor from this site. And how are they handling?
 

Blckshdw

Moderator
Nov 20, 2011
10,674
Tampa Bay Area, FL
kjkim93 said:
I was wondering how many people are actually running switchback bulbs. I'm thinking of buying off the vendor from this site. And how are they handling?

:undecided: Pretty decent number of us I believe. The video on his site, is of my truck. One small note, the bulbs I have aren't the same ones that he sells. Mine are the 60-60 switchbacks from Autolumination.com All 60 of the bulbs are dual color, so they are either all white, or all amber depending on the commanded function. Most others you'll find are half white, half amber.

Of course, you'll need to add load resistors, or do the LED flasher module swap to account for hyperflashing too.
 

kjkim93

Original poster
Member
Jan 1, 2012
696
Blckshdw said:
:undecided: Pretty decent number of us I believe. The video on his site, is of my truck. One small note, the bulbs I have aren't the same ones that he sells. Mine are the 60-60 switchbacks from Autolumination.com All 60 of the bulbs are dual color, so they are either all white, or all amber depending on the commanded function. Most others you'll find are half white, half amber.

Of course, you'll need to add load resistors, or do the LED flasher module swap to account for hyperflashing too.

Thank you. I'm wondering if I should get them. My front end is getting boring lol. And his price is really good. :rotfl:
 

Boricua SS

Member
Nov 20, 2011
3,080
Ohio
switchback LED's here... had them for a little under a year now... no complaints from me...
 

kjkim93

Original poster
Member
Jan 1, 2012
696
Boricua SS said:
switchback LED's here... had them for a little under a year now... no complaints from me...

Just ordered a pair. Now to figure out to wire them before they arrive. lol.
 

kjkim93

Original poster
Member
Jan 1, 2012
696
Apparently the load resistors get very hot in some cases. Where is a ideal place to mount them?
 

Blckshdw

Moderator
Nov 20, 2011
10,674
Tampa Bay Area, FL
If you're worried about them getting too hot, don't mount them on anything plastic. Find a metal mounting place where your turn signal wires run past, and mount them there. :twocents:
 

BO TIE SS

Member
Nov 18, 2011
1,497
kjkim93 said:
Apparently the load resistors get very hot in some cases. Where is a ideal place to mount them?
I mounted mine on plastic. But, I bought the low-heat 75 watt ones.


If anyone's interested, Autolumination now has switchback strips.
 

Blckshdw

Moderator
Nov 20, 2011
10,674
Tampa Bay Area, FL
nfsroadsta2786 said:
sorry to bring back an old thread but does anyone know if our trucks are srck or ck??
led-car-bulb-CK-wiring.jpg

2002 models are SRCK, everyone else should be wired conventionally.
 

Matt

Member
Dec 2, 2011
4,022
Blckshdw said:
2002 models are SRCK, everyone else should be wired conventionally.
On the front indicators...
 

dmanns67

Member
Apr 3, 2013
32,979
Ohio
Aarkon said:
just ordered mine and some smoked wrap cant wait:wootwoot:

Nice. Where did you order them from, autolumination.com? Did you get the A/O or A/W? I have seen videos of the A/W and it basically looks like a strobe light.
 

Blckshdw

Moderator
Nov 20, 2011
10,674
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Aarkon said:
I got the A/W

If I knew that was the style you wanted, I would have sold you my A/W pair for cheap, since they are just sitting in a box now.
 

Forum Statistics

Threads
23,307
Posts
637,746
Members
18,509
Latest member
Napalm

Members Online

No members online now.