sway bars?

keepontruckin

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Hey everyone,

Just moved here from TV, I have a 2005 TB LT with the rough country leveling kit, lightbar, and 255/65/17 General Grabber AT2s

I was wondering how necessary our sway bars were, i mean i know there important and they serve a purpose obviously, but i know a lot of you guys have them sitting on a shelf in your garage...I was thinking about joining that club (at least with the rear sway bar)

Im looking for a little more flex on the trails, but still have control on the road...was wondering what you guys have done about your sway bars, and what you think about me taking mine off

thanks,
Rob

jham

Nov 20, 2011
Check out the vendors section for BartonMD he offer a quick disconnect for the sway bars so you can have the best of both worlds

fishsticks

Nov 21, 2011
The rear one should go no matter what.... the flex you'll gain is worth it.

The front not as much, but there's still some gain. I've run without either for over a year now.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I have ran with front off, rear off, and both off. As said...Take the rear off for sure. I keep my front on and generally connected. The truck feels more stable in high crosswinds and sharp turns. I personally don't like both disco'ed on the road, but ran for the entire winter two years ago with no swaybars. I do have some bolt on endlinks that are simple to take on and off.

With only the front disco'ed the truck is looser and rolls more than only the rear disco'ed. The front does most of the anti-sway on our trucks. I really like the way it handles with only the front connected!

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
:iagree: pull the rear sway bar off, I am sure you will be happy with it. I also have run both unhooked, as well as front only and rear only. Having both unhooked is a bit unnerving to say the least, I wasn't comfortable with it.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kraymates

Members Online