Sup

Raditude

Original poster
Oct 6, 2012
Sup everyone,

I am a new Envoy owner. I came here for info on how to replace the driver heat actuator motor.

When not working on my Envoy, I am a student, and freelance as an independent filmmaker, graphic artist, and photographer. I purchased the envoy because I will soon be taking an internship at a television station, that is several hundred miles away. Rather than commuting twice a week, or getting a hotel room for 3 or 4 days a week for 5 months, I decided to get a hotel on wheels.

I researched several vehicles, and finally decided I'd like an Envoy Denali or Yukon Denali. A Yukon would be ridiculous on gas, so I narrowed it down to an Envoy. I searched the internet for a few months, before finding the right Envoy.

I have the "Go Big or Go Home" mentality. I wanted a Black Denali, but couldn't find one with low miles in my price range. I kept searching, and low and behold, a dealer in Indianapolis (about 40 miles away) had something that looked promising. A 2002 Black GMC Envoy, with Leather Seats and Sunroof. Basically, if they made Envoy Denalis in 2002, this would have been one. It had 137,000 miles... a little high, but not horrible. The pics looked great, the Carfax and Autocheck checked out. I gave them a call, and he said they wanted $4,900 for it. I had checked the value on NADA, and it was worth $7,500. I scheduled to go check it out the next day.

When I got up there, I checked it out. Everything looked great, except the tires will need replaced in about 6-8 months. We got in to test it. It was cold that morning, so the salesman turned the heat on. It just wasn't warming up. I mentioned it, and he said he was roasting. We fiddled with the dual climate controls, and realized the actuator wasn't working. We turned the vent off, and brought it back.

I asked to test the 4WD, so he had me take the vehicle around back. We took it offroad on a grassy hill, and spun the rear tires and got it stuck. He then had me switch to 4WD, and it pulled right through. Pretty cool experience.

We went back in to talk a deal. He said it was sold as-is, and the heat wouldn't be fixed. I ended up offering $4,700 out the door (including tax title and license) and they gave it to me.

I dubbed my Envoy "The Executive," because it's the kind of vehicle an executive would drive. It's all part of my process of assuming a more professional image.

View attachment 23207

You can find out more about me at my website RaditudeForever.com

Attachments

• 425903_423508044374600_326776425_n.jpg
    425903_423508044374600_326776425_n.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 10

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Welcome! There are other issues you should be concerned about, such as the plugs and ALL fluids need changing at 100K, and the transfer case very 50K. If you didn't get the service records, you should budget to do all those items before winter. Good choice, though. Envoys rule.

You're in a HUGE community of GMT360 platform owners in Indiana, as well.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
welcome to the site :tiphat:

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Welcome!!!! Always glad to see another Envoy owner :thumbsup:

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Welcome to GMTNation! Nice looking truck you have there! :thumbsup:

Lima Tango

Dec 4, 2011
Welcome! Love the truck and the mentality. Take roadies advice about doing all 100k service items before you start your journey; most are easy to do at home for much cheaper than a dealership's rates. There is a lot of great info around here that will walk you through just about everything you could need to know, so you definitely came to the right place!

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Hiya, Welcome from a fellow Hoosier. Where are you going to be working? If you need any help at all don't hesitate to PM me, I know the Envoy inside and out and am always willing to help.

Raditude

Original poster
Oct 6, 2012
Thank you all for the kind words of welcome.

Regulator said:
Hiya, Welcome from a fellow Hoosier. Where are you going to be working? If you need any help at all don't hesitate to PM me, I know the Envoy inside and out and am always willing to help.

I'll be headin up not far from you, in South Bend, come January. I'll be taking an internship at a PBS Station through Ivy Tech.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Raditude said:
Thank you all for the kind words of welcome.

I'll be headin up not far from you, in South Bend, come January. I'll be taking an internship at a PBS Station through Ivy Tech.

Very cool, I am in that area often. If you ever need anything don't hesitate to reach out to me.

Black_tb

Dec 6, 2011
welcome brother

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shinystar696

Members Online