Sub box too big!

Gump2773

Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
So I get everything installed and finally get it tuned right. All is well? Not really. I found a stock rear cargo cover so you cant look in and see subs. Paid $50 for it, and when putting it in the damn sub box is too tall. HAHA I cant win. :eek:
So now I need to find a program or something that will calculate box dimensions for me and do all the math that figures out port and tuning so I can rebuild yet ANOTHER sub box. I would be lying If I said I didnt somewhat enjoy doing it but man MDF is expensive here. Not to mention all the other goodies involved in the making. :undecided: If I do it this time its gonna be intricate, with amp rack and a disco ball! :rotfl:

kardain

Dec 16, 2011
Too tall is easy to fix as long as there is adequate space near your port and the box is rectangular.

Shorten the height by however much it is over and lengthen by an equal amount.

If it is odd sized (trapezoidal for example) it gets a little iffy. If math is not a strong point, Bass Box is the only program I know of, but it is payware.

Gump2773

Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
kardain said:
Too tall is easy to fix as long as there is adequate space near your port and the box is rectangular.

Shorten the height by however much it is over and lengthen by an equal amount.

If it is odd sized (trapezoidal for example) it gets a little iffy. If math is not a strong point, Bass Box is the only program I know of, but it is payware.

Well, I measured and I think its gonna have to be a new box. Im just gonna try and design one. I can figure ft3 and displacement Im just not sure on the port and tuning. Ill do some googling and see what I can come up with. More news at 11!

After a quick search of my favorite software site I found a working version of BassBox Pro 6 for free. Will check it out.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jvest

Members Online