Street Scene Speed Grille (main grille only)

WMBaseball9

Original poster
Member
Jul 11, 2012
6
Hello all.

I'm sorry to make my first post a for sale post but some of the guys over at TBSSowners pointed me in this direction to see if any of the members here would like to purchase my street scene speed grille. I bought it from ebay but the item description was wrong and does not fit my SS. It fits the LT. I had already powdercoated it chrome because I wanted a strong finish and didnt want to worry about rusting or anything so I figured I couldnt return the item.

Looking to get $85 shipped but open to offers.

Thanks,
Chris
 

Attachments

  • trailblazer stsc gr1.jpg
    trailblazer stsc gr1.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 20
  • trailblazer stsc gr2.jpg
    trailblazer stsc gr2.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 21
  • trailblazer stsc gr3.jpg
    trailblazer stsc gr3.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 136

DFWWIZ

Member
Dec 5, 2011
516
WMBaseball9 said:
Hello all.

I'm sorry to make my first post a for sale post but some of the guys over at TBSSowners pointed me in this direction to see if any of the members here would like to purchase my street scene speed grille. I bought it from ebay but the item description was wrong and does not fit my SS. It fits the LT. I had already powdercoated it chrome because I wanted a strong finish and didnt want to worry about rusting or anything so I figured I couldnt return the item.

Looking to get $85 shipped but open to offers.

Thanks,
Chris

so what are the differences in the grill for the SS compared to the LS?
 

blazinlow89

Member
Jan 25, 2012
2,088
DFWWIZ said:
so what are the differences in the grill for the SS compared to the LS?

Edit, looks like it should fit. Arent the SS and newer LT the same grille minus cross bars? Or do cross bars require more width?
 
Jan 2, 2012
72
It looks like the 06+LT's have a larger bowtie on the front grille that sticks out farther than the SS's top to bottom. It might have to do with the depth as well, the width looks pretty close.
 

blazinlow89

Member
Jan 25, 2012
2,088
xx_gearhead_xx said:
It looks like the 06+LT's have a larger bowtie on the front grille that sticks out farther than the SS's top to bottom. It might have to do with the depth as well, the width looks pretty close.

I know an SS grille will fit with the LT bumper, but you might be onto something with the Bowtie.

I know when I installed the one on my LS I did not use the clips, I used A/C safety wire, it took some twisting and flexing to get it to fit.
 

WMBaseball9

Original poster
Member
Jul 11, 2012
6
DFWWIZ said:
so what are the differences in the grill for the SS compared to the LS?

Both pieces were simply too wide to fit into those 2 spaces (from the top to bottom)... the length seemed about right. Then there are those little notches for the bowtie like someone mentioned... the bowtie must be bigger on the other grille.
 

WMBaseball9

Original poster
Member
Jul 11, 2012
6
blazinlow89 said:
I know an SS grille will fit with the LT bumper, but you might be onto something with the Bowtie.

I know when I installed the one on my LS I did not use the clips, I used A/C safety wire, it took some twisting and flexing to get it to fit.

I did the same thing, I did not like those clips at all. I used zipties for everything.
 

Forum Statistics

Threads
23,428
Posts
639,194
Members
18,647
Latest member
Lortigemt