Strange problem with my tb. Put on you thinking caps fellas!!!

05_ext

Original poster
Dec 15, 2011
This all started early summer and has only gotten worse.
I will do my best to describe the problems I am having.
Once started at idle in any gear, the engine seams to sputter but only for a split second but it does this until I accelerate. Like a put put type of sputter.
Once in gear and driving, I'm cruising at 45-55, I try to accelerate and it putters more until I let off the gas and slower accelerate.

Here is what I've done so far.
Regular oil changes
Spark plugs.
Cleaned throttle body.
K&N intake kit.

No cel!!!!!!:confused:

Please any help would be appreciated. If your in the western burbs of Chicago, I'm willing to pay you if you can help me out. Thanks again!!!!

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
05_ext said:
This all started early summer and has only gotten worse.
I will do my best to describe the problems I am having.
Once started at idle in any gear, the engine seams to sputter but only for a split second but it does this until I accelerate. Like a put put type of sputter.
Once in gear and driving, I'm cruising at 45-55, I try to accelerate and it putters more until I let off the gas and slower accelerate.

Regular oil changes
Spark plugs.
Cleaned throttle body.
K&N intake kit.

No cel!!!!!!:confused:

Please any help would be appreciated. If your in the western burbs of Chicago, I'm willing to pay you if you can help me out. Thanks again!!!!

I would have your battery and ALT checked. I have a low charge on my battery and I have a similar issue.

05_ext

Original poster
Dec 15, 2011
Well I kno the alt in good cuz it was just replaced. I kno my batt is taking a crap cuz I was washing it a while back and had the radio on for 5 mins and it wouldn't start after.
You really think a bad batt would cause these issues?

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
05_ext said:
Well I kno the alt in good cuz it was just replaced. I kno my batt is taking a crap cuz I was washing it a while back and had the radio on for 5 mins and it wouldn't start after.

Sometimes a bad battery can cause all sorts of hell in our trucks.

I know my stuttering and stalling issues were from a bad battery.

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
05_ext said:

Regular oil changes
Spark plugs. <<<<<<<<<<< WHAT KIND?
Cleaned throttle body.
K&N intake kit.

Be specific

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
Also, are you using a K&N filter with your K&N intake?

Doesn't the 05 & up use a MAF sensor?

If that's the case, I would try using a MAF cleaner and clean up the sensor...ONLY USE A MAF CLEANER.

Could have oil on the sensor and if you are using the K&N filter I would get a regular filter, perhaps Green or Amsoil. IMO, K&N filters are not worth it since they flow too much of the finer materials.

CaptainXL

Dec 4, 2011
gmcman said:
Doesn't the 05 & up use a MAF sensor?.

Negative. MAF came into production on 06 up 360/370's

I would agree with checking the basics like battery and alt and spark plugs and vacuum.

Use only acdelco iridium plugs.

Remove and clean throttle body on both sides as well. Disconnect battery before doing electrical work like the throttle body.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
05_ext said:
It could, especially if you ever lose your radio presets after a cold start. What happens is the battery voltage dips instantaneously while the starter is cranking. If the voltage ever drops below the magic number (6, 7, 8V - we don't know for sure), the PCM loses its short-term memory and even a clean throttle body starts running like a dirty one while the PCM relearns its behavior.

05_ext

Original poster
Dec 15, 2011
I used iridium plugs. Ac delco.
Its not a kn filter. No maf sensor.
I cleaned the throttle body already.
It feels like itt might be a vacuum leak but I've check the hoses (the ones i can see) and they all look fine. Does someone have a diagram of all the hoses on that engine?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evenson1

Members Online