Stock wheel replacement no mods question

mrphoenix80

Original poster
Jan 1, 2013
It's probably been gone over I just did not see it. I was looking at some wheels and found the ones I like. They are +25 offset for one option and +14 for the other both are 17x8 and 6x5 bolt pattern. Now I am not lifting for the stars but I want about a 1" at the front just to level it up. I will be running stock 245/65R17s as I just got them. I don't want the wheels to stick out past the fender. I am having a hard time "seeing" what the change will be. I did the math. I think I got it. The new wheels will be 1" wider, so thats 1/2" or 13mm at the front of the wheel. The stock offset figure I used was +45. So 45-25=20mm or 45-14=31mm add 13mm for the width. Then option 1 brings the face of the wheel out 33mm. Right? Or option 2 at 44mm. I think that is to much.

So is anyone running these offsets on your truck? If so how far out is the face of the wheel compaired to the fender? Like I said I think I got my math right. I just can't picture what the offset change will look like.

Conner299

Jan 16, 2013
mrphoenix80 said:
:bump: Any body running a +14 to +20 offset??? Are they under the fenders?

Just a suggestion... Check out the tires and wheels threads on ORTB. A lot of talk about this kind of thing over there.

mrphoenix80

Original poster
Jan 1, 2013
Conner299 said:
Check out the tires and wheels threads on ORTB.

Thanks found a pic that helped me a lot in like less than 2min. The poster had 1.25" wheel spacers on stock wheels. So with the 25 mm offset I should be under the fender and with the 14mm offset I would be out about .5".
I just did not want the tire to stick out and throw stuff that would damage the paint and stuff. Or stick out and make it look like it had training wheels on it.:no: Don't get me wrong. A lifted truck with mudders that stick out an inch or 2 is cool. But a stock truck with street tires out that far or more looks funny to me. We have a couple S10 blazers running around here that have gold wire wheels that stick out 4-5" past the fenders.:crackup:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cunra731

Members Online

No members online now.