Stock Spring RPO

Cable810

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
After searching Spring Rate as I was suggested to do, I got this OffRoad TB - View topic - Factory Spring Part Numbers & Associated Lift From what I understand:

The table below works by looking up your stock front spring part number or tag color on the top line first. This can be found by looking at your stock spring tag, or by looking for the associated RPO code in the glove box (see below for RPO > Spring # conversion).

6## = Left front spring
7## = Right front spring

## = the letters below:

SO I went out to my TB and looked at the RPO codes. I have 6DA and 7DA. I then went to RPO Codes.com- GM option codes,GM rpo codes,Regular Production Options,General Motors options and got nothing for DA

Using the chart on Offroad TB I cannot determine what springs I have casue I do not see DA listed for "the letters below"

Yes it is DA not DB. I'm wanting to make sure if my stock springs can handle MDB Armour Oil and Skid

jham

Nov 20, 2011
Did you happen to look at the Springs them self to see if there is a tag on them? Being that you are 4wd I would bet the you have 83's or greater. I have 83's and they hold up the bumper and skid up nice for me but I am 2wd so I have less weight up front than you I will be upgrading mine to 85's shortly.

Cable810

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
uhhhhh no..... Brb... looked and didn't see anything...

jham

Nov 20, 2011
i did some searching also and found that RPO code is listed on trailblazers but I could not find the part number either :confused: Might have to break down and call the stealership. I found 6DA and 7DA is also a RPO code for suspension on New Buicks as well now I am really confused:crazy:

Cable810

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Same here man Same here... Keep me posted on what you find out.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Cable810 said:
Using the chart on Offroad TB I cannot determine what springs I have casue I do not see DA listed for "the letters below"
If you read the thread, you'd know the advice on how to proceed. Call your local dealer with your VIN and they can look it up for you. Then post your data in that thread and improve the data coverage. After compnine.com went down, it's the only way to add data to the chart.
I'm wanting to make sure if my stock springs can handle MDB Armour Oil and Skid
Still obsessing about that? :confused: I guarantee your springs can "handle" 100 extra pounds of weight. I also advised you how to test for it. Or put 100 pounds of potatoes on the hood and drive around and see how it handles. You can only ask a question in a certain number of threads before it gets repetitive. Please just do the experiment and find out for yourself if 100 pounds of armor is going to be "too much".

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
100 #'s wouldnt concern me. If it was a winch, MDB bumper, and both skid plates, maybe a slight concern. Even more so if you some of the lower rated springs.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
My most recent local buddy who is moving to Florida (not a member here, but is on ORTB) had aged and sagging 81's, and we just installed 89's and he has an MDB bumper, steel radiator skid plate, and my prototype MDB aluminum oil pan plate, and he gained 3" (!!!).

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nadmak

Members Online