Steering Control Lights fuse number?

ChevyTBLover

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Shorted the pins to my steering control lights while changing to LED's. Can anyone tell me which Fuse number it is? I have gone through the rear box and have done a continuity check on all of them.. they're all good.. :confused:

ChevyTBLover

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Checked both of them, they're good..
Went through the service manual and found this. The inline fuse must have blown. Now the problem is where is this inline fuse? Showing after the steering coil, so I would guess it would be somewhere in the steering column? I hate to rip that apart though and find nothing..:crazy:

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 1

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
TBC (Truck Body Controller) fuses should have been labeled MUCH better by the inbred designers and manual writers. But the BCM (what most schematics call it) manages the two dimmable lamp feeds, so that's the connection. There's one for incandescent lamps and another one for dash panel LEDs. LEDs and incandescent lamps respond slightly differently to the PWM signal used for dimming (LEDs are more linear), so the designers included two in the vehicle. To be more accurate, changing lights from incandescent to LED should also involve changing the feed bus from one to the other, but I've never heard of anybody being that anal.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Hmmmm, that solves a mystery I never got to the bottom of. I had to repair my clockspring once, and I always take an excessive number of pictures when I'm inside somewhere I may never need to go back in later. I seem to remember a mystery fuseholder and I never connected it to a lamp feed bus. It's in the right location behind the clock spring, under the cover that hides the multifunction switch connector.

clockspring71.jpg

clockspring72.jpg

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
the roadie said:
Hmmmm, that solves a mystery I never got to the bottom of.

Sure does. The only time I saw that fuse was in one that had the column wiring hacked up. I assumed it was part of the hackery.:redface:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cunra731

Members Online