Steel sheds at Sears

CaptainXL

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Was thinking about getting one. They are only about $300. Just wondering how long they hold up.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Recommending spending the money on a mechanic for your vehicle's problem. :wink:

Opeth

Mar 25, 2012
Steel shed.... Biggest pain in the ass to assemble. If you buy one, pour a concrete pad for it. If it flexes anyway, the panels will buckle. IMHO... Buy a wooden one.

CaptainXL

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
the roadie said:
Recommending spending the money on a mechanic for your vehicle's problem. :wink:

Not funny bro. Keep that chit to yoself. Besides, I have no serious issues. Just issues.:raspberry:

CaptainXL

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Opeth said:
Steel shed.... Biggest pain in the ass to assemble. If you buy one, pour a concrete pad for it. If it flexes anyway, the panels will buckle. IMHO... Buy a wooden one.

Thanks. It's just temporary for the winter so I can relocate all our leftover stuff from moving from the garage.

Busterbrown

Dec 4, 2011
Steel sheds, especially at that price point, will buckle and warp in very little time. Any structure used for storage should be hold up to the elements and hostility of mother nature. I just built a custom 12x10 garden shed myself, after looking at dozens of prefab (metal and wood) varieties. 2x6 rafters, 2x4s wall studs, 16 inch stud spacing, 3/4" OSB, and an infinite amount of customizable shelving options should speak volumes. The walls of a steel structure will dent like a tin can.

RayVoy

Nov 20, 2011
My 2 cents:

My neighbour and I both have steel sheds they are are least, 20 years old. I keep the mower and patio things inside it, he uses his for a pool heater. Mine is on a wooden deck, his is on poured concrete. Our winters can be anything from 2" of freezing rain to 2 ft of wet snow. I have never had a problem with mine. His is also in good condition with the exception of needing a little paint above the heat from the heater.

If the price is right, go for it.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shinystar696

Members Online