stabilizer bar bolt

tomsmith

Original poster
Mar 12, 2013
Hey all,

Does anyone have a pic of the sway bar bolt? I was changing the front diff and sway bar bushings and had bagged all the bolts so I wouldn't run into this problem but somewhere, a couple of the bags tore open and now I got a whole bunch of bolts on the garage floor and I can't remember which one is for the sway bar :sadcry:

I've checked a couple of the online parts stores to see if I can figure out via a diagram but it's not really helping. Any help would be really appreciated.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
I've got pictures of my old one installed before a polyurethane replacement, but isn't it trivial to install what you have and make sure they all fit? What sort of assortment do you have left over?

bushing2.jpg

tomsmith

Original poster
Mar 12, 2013
Cheers Roadie,

I've got 2 sets of 15mm bolts (and some 18mm bolts..). One set of 15mm's are around 2" long and have a rounded end .. that is, the end of the bolt is not flat but rounded off.

The other 15mm's are around 1.5" long and have a flat end like normal bolts.

TangoBravo

Dec 5, 2011
I had pics at one time to do a removal write up. I will have to see if I can find them. My advice, throw it all in the trash.

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
tomsmith said:
Here' a pic of the two bolts that I think are the closest match
View attachment 14486

out of those two, it would be the top one. the bottom one would bottom out on the threaded portion and not bolt in all the way.

the lower one would be more likely to attach the differential to the oil pan.

tomsmith

Original poster
Mar 12, 2013
Thanks guys,

I could only find one of those top bolts in the pile of bolts/nuts/washers that ended up on my floor but figured I'd try it anyway and then purchase a couple more later today. I got around 2 threads in and then it stopped so I don't think that's the right bolt either :hissyfit:

I tried the same bolt in the other holes and ran into the same prob. I dug around a little but I couldn't find anything that threads into the hole so I spent around 30 minutes looking for any bolt that would fit. No luck .. I got a real bad feeling I threw the bolts out when I was doing a little clean up.

I'm going to head to my local dealer today and purchase a new set of 4. When the quantity is 'AR', does that mean it comes as a set (e.g. 4) or does that mean I have to buy $17.26 x 4? ~$80 is gonna work out expensive for 4 bolts. Can I just go to Home Depot and pick out some grade 5 or 10.9 bolts of the right dimensions? I would get M10(size) x 1.5(thread pitch) and 36(cm length).

36mm seems to be a strange length .. am I reading this right?

BOLT FRT STAB SHF INSL CLA,HEX W/CON WA,M10X1.5X36,23.3 THD,20 OD,10.9,7114M,MACH,MAT-P

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
don't you have an ace hardware nearby? or somewhere that sells bolts, just get a grade 10 bolt from there for a lot cheaper. you've got the measurements right in front of you. just get the next length up, 40mm

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph5432

Members Online