Stabilitrack Active warning while driving straight and cannot disable stabilitrack.

Cory 5

Original poster
Apr 12, 2014
On my 2007 Chevy Trailblazer the message center shows "Stabilitrack Active" while im driving straight ahead. You can feel the Stabilitrack activate and the engine braking the vehicle. When the vehicle is first started, the message center shows "Service Stabilitrack" and "Service brake system". I havent taken it in yet and wanted to see if anyone else had heard of this. Its bad enough to where even when I have the shifter in park and the car idles you can feel the engine missing from the Stabilitrack trying to kick in. When I press and hold the button on the shifter to disable Stabilitrack, nothing happens. I've searched the forums to no avail. Any ideas what could cause this?

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Welcome! I don't have that system, but I've read a lot about flaky steering wheel yaw sensors. Have you connected a high end scan tool to see if there's any codes related to the ABS system?

Sometimes, the ground connection to the ABS control unit gets corroded and flaky. It's on the frame rail under the vehicle under the driver's seat area.

It's hard to see why you'd get erratic idle, though. Stabilitrac's engine connection should be suppressed when you're not moving. What's your mileage, maintenance history, and have you changed the plugs and all fluids at 100K?

Jon Blaze

Sep 5, 2014
Like Roadie said hook a high end scanner and then check codes also you can watch the abs and stab. track at the same time. I had a problem with my left rear axle reluctor this controls the abs and stab. track. Im not saying this is your problem but try the scaner. My 2006 trailblazer 4.2 70,000+ miles. Good luck.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Steering position...

Reactions: BHAMER

BHAMER

Aug 22, 2014
Hardtrailz probably nailed it again...lol Thats what mine did and the dealer replaced the steering angle sensor/

Reactions: dmanns67

BHAMER

Aug 22, 2014
They said it was going to be a little over 400.00, and they wanted me to pay half. We hadn't had the truck for 30 days yet and told them that they had the 3 mth warranty and they fixed it.

Reactions: dmanns67

coolasice

Oct 27, 2013
Northern Maine
Wow...they were really trying to shaft you... I got the sensor for $97 (acdelco OEM) and installed it in 1 hour... So dealer price maybe 130? 1 hr labor $120... Total 250? Where did the get the other $150?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramblinjon

Members Online