Squeaking noise coming from middle of motor?

blackout51

Original poster
Oct 18, 2012
So I just started my truck up this morning and heard a weird squeaking/chirping type of noise coming from the middle of the motor, kind of near the water pump and crank pulley but it didn't sound like the water pump and besides I just replaced the water pump anyways, I just didn't know if the crank pulley or harmonic balancer could make this type of noise and I didn't know if this could be a part of this rough idle I have been dealing with also

RayVoy

Nov 20, 2011
Really hard to tell where that kind of noise is coming from; with the aluminum engine blocks, it telegraphs from one area to a near by area very easily.

It is probably one of the belt pulleys, like the idler, or the tensioner. It could just be the belt.

dfc739

Jul 29, 2012
Des Moines, IA
Could also be the alternator. My alternator bearings squeak a little when cold. I found it by taking off the belt and spinning each pulley on the drive belt assembly with my fingers.

blackout51

Original poster
Oct 18, 2012
RayVoy said:
Really hard to tell where that kind of noise is coming from; with the aluminum engine blocks, it telegraphs from one area to a near by area very easily.

It is probably one of the belt pulleys, like the idler, or the tensioner. It could just be the belt.

Well I just changed the tensioner pulley so maybe ill do the idler tomorrow

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chappymate

Members Online

No members online now.