Spyder smoked LED tail light review.

BaDAppLe

Original poster
Jun 28, 2012
I purchased a pair of Spyder LED smoked Tail lights Part Number: ALT-ON-CTB02-LED-SM from Amazon for $116 free shipping. They were very well packed in bubble wrap ,and protective foam. Looking at them just out of the box they look very nice. I know it's common practice to use clear silicone on all seems ect. prior to installing them. The holes in which the screws (3) that attach the circuit boards to the tail light housing were slightly bigger so I needed to buy 6 self tapping screws. I used die electric grease on all bulb sockets , and plugs. The actual fitment leaves a lot to be desired as more of a gap between the tail light housing and truck body. I'll say I'm very OCD so this may not bother others. The lights are very bright,and look great. I opted to install silverstar bulbs for the back up lights which also are brighter in my opinion. There is no hyper-flash. I guess I would rate these a 8 out of a 10.If I did not get such a good deal I'm not sure I would purchase them again. On a side note I used 2 new Doorman aftermarket circuit boards I paid $16 each for, and seem to be of good quality. There is my review. I can't upload pics at this time as I use apple products that just don't like this site, and many others. :undecided:

C-ya

Aug 24, 2012
Can you upload to Photobucket? If so, link the pics from there. That's what I do.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I found with my tail lights that the screws were keeping them from sitting in the pockets fully, creating a similar gap as you described. If this is the case with yours, the easy fix for me was to just oblong the two screw holes on each tail light just a little bit towards the edge. This allowed the light to sit in the pocket much better and close the gap.

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
i too found fitment issues w/ the clear tails i purchased.
i ended up using the metal "tits" from the stock lights for a better fit.
also used some foam weather stripping (sticky on one side) on the body side to take up the gap

Attachments

• tail w weather strip 2.jpg
    tail w weather strip 2.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 19

BaDAppLe

Original poster
Jun 28, 2012
Thanks for the tips guys! I did compare the tits and the look to be the same length ,and thickness. I do like the weatherstripping idea. Thanks

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shinystar696

Members Online