spotty wash job

LordBear

Original poster
Dec 22, 2011
ok..its getting really annoying last 2 vehicles i have owned have massive amounts of water spots after i wash them.. never had that problem here in the past or with other vehicles. tried different car soaps, put a filter on the hose since it is well water, tried toweling my tb off before the water dried..still no luck and got tons of whitish blotches all over... what am i doing wrong. bout to stop washing it all together since i am probably going to have to now pay some one else to wash it right and then wax it or something to remove all those spots.... $$$ outchy im sure.

LordBear

Original poster
Dec 22, 2011
hhmm looks like it but wld have to double check... seems like that filter i put on would have taken care of that... think i have heard of a water softner?

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
do you have a water softner? if you do it may not be working properly.
if you dont, take a sample from an outside faucet, and take to your county health dept. for testing.
they should be able to check for hardness, iron and other minerals that might be causing your spotting.
if health dept isn't close, PM me your address and i will send you a sample bottle, along with a place to send it for extensive testing.
if your interested.

LordBear

Original poster
Dec 22, 2011
dont know why i didnt think of hard water..but looked it up and saw something bout white viniger and water in a spray bottle..might try that... as far as compound and wax..i dont have the strength for that and when i have tried it i have killed it horribly..lol no matter what i think im going to have to pay some one to do a wax job..which goes back to the empty pocket syndrome..lol

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online