Splined disconnect - rebuild or replacement info

Sparky

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
I haven't seen a thread with all the info in one spot (maybe I just missed it), so here is everything I know or have found about these disconnects.

If your disconnect isn't working right, or you have slop in the unit where the CV attaches, the cheapest route is to rebuild it. All the info on rebuilding the disconnect can be found here:
Offroadtb.com Front Axle 4WD Disconnect

Now if for some reason you need to replace the whole thing (destroyed housing, excessive wear requiring all parts to be replaced, etc), then you have options aside from buying a used one. A year or two back ATP started making complete units. Now I see that Dorman is as well. There is a seller ADPTY on Amazon that also sells units. Not sure if they are just a reseller or actually make them (they claim they are made in the USA, while the other two don't say).

NOTE: I have not purchased any of these, so I have no input as to quality or durability of any of them. This is all for your information only, to be used as you deem fit. I'm not responsible if you buy any of these and it fails on you :tongue:

4WD models - Trailblazer and Envoy

ATP 111001
ATP 111001 Front Axle Disconnect

APDTY 711226
APDTY 711226 4x4 4WD 4-Wheel Drive Front Axle Disconnect w/Intermediate Shaft Bearing Assembly

Dorman 600-115
Dorman 600-115 4WD Actuator Housing

AWD models - Rainer, Bravada, 9-7x

ATPDY 111002
ATP 111002 Front Axle Disconnect

APD 711227
APDTY 711227 AWD Axle Disconnect Intermediate Shaft Bearing Assembly

Dorman 600-116
Dorman 600-116 AWD Actuator Housing

I hope having all this info in one spot is helpful. If not, well, it is free, so don't complain :raspberry:

Reactions: CaptainKD

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
I replaced my disconnect unit as a whole. ATP. Identical to the unit I removed. Emailed the seller, forget who - out of NY, and he mentioned the crap factory grease and says his is better. This was a concern for me and it seems to work well. I also changed my 4x4 driving habits :yes: This is why I joined the OS.

Thanks again for all the info!

Reactions: CaptainKD

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe102938

Members Online