Spark plugs and Ignition coil boots/springs

movietvet

Original poster
Dec 21, 2022
Oregon
I had noticed a couple times that when I had the air box off, when doing other work, that two of the ignition coils were way cleaner than the other 4 ignition coils. Had obviously been replaced. I decided that I needed to get in there and check the plugs so I ordered 2 Iridium plugs, GM #41-103, and while I was in there I ordered a set of Denso Ignition coil boots and springs.

All went very smooth on the replacements except that I noticed and had to deal with 4 of the old spark plugs being very very tight to break loose. I was worried about the threads but all turned out ok. The restart was instant. I don't know if the old plugs were original but they all looked great with no deposits and all burning evenly.

I did a 2 part video at you tube about this process. If interested, have a look. About a 1/3 of the way thru the video process we had a problem and had to do 2 videos and also, the camera went landscape for the second video.

movietvet

Original poster
Dec 21, 2022
Oregon
Here is the first part of the 2 part video. If I could, I would delete/edit double post on the #1 post of this thread but the edit button is gone.

There is some strange stuff going on here. I saw two links that were the same for the Part 2 of my video on the #1 post of this thread so I posted the Part 1 of my video here and then when I finished, I went back to the #1 post and it now shows video Part 1 and Video Part 2.

I know I posted the links correctly yesterday.

Last edited:

movietvet

Original poster
Dec 21, 2022
Oregon
Is it common for the edit button to disappear on a post after a certain amount of time?

If I didn't have multiple ads popping up at every turn here, I could likely keep up with it easier. Every time I go to click on something, an ad scrolls up in the way of what I want to do.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Yes, the edit button disappears after 10 minutes. Supporting members have a longer time allowance.

Other option is to hit the "report" button and request a mod do the edit for you.

Also, supporting members don't have ads.

I can still see both videos in your first post so ???

Reactions: mrrsm and movietvet

movietvet

Original poster
Dec 21, 2022
Oregon
Yes, the edit button disappears after 10 minutes. Supporting members have a longer time allowance.

Other option is to hit the "report" button and request a mod do the edit for you.

Also, supporting members don't have ads.

I can still see both videos in your first post so ???
I posted it, initially, with Part 1 and Part 2 videos in my first post of the thread. earlier today I looked and was showing two copies of Part 2 and no Part 1. Then I posted the #2 post of the thread with an explanation of what was going on and a copy of the Part 1 video in it. Then I looked back later and the #1 post of the thread had Video Part 1 and video Part 2 in it instead of the Part 2 video doubled up, like I had seen earlier. I know I wasn't seeing things. Oh well.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Did you have your glasses on? :crackup:

I cant watch these at work.. Will see if I can watch them tonight.

• Haha
Reactions: movietvet

movietvet

Original poster
Dec 21, 2022
Oregon
Yes, glasses on.... and sober, because I don't drink anymore and don't do drugs. I need all the help I can get at my age.

• Haha
Reactions: Mooseman

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online