Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
2004 Chevy Colorado Z71 Ext. Cab.
3.5L 5cyl engine
121XXX miles
Soft Tonneau cover
Custom rear bumper
blue and yellow flashing strobe lights 4 in front 2 in rear
4 in rough country suspension lift plus 3 in body lift.
33in mud tires on 16in black rims with 1/2in wheel spacers
Full manifold back MRBP exhaust with custom down pipe
K&N cold air intake
Jet stage two computer mod.
Jet throttle body spacer
aftermarket halo head lights with LED's
Boston Acoustic speakers with amp and crossovers
Alpine head unit with IPod hook up
Custom sub box with 2 10in JL audio W6's with amp and 5 farad capacitor

The guy wants 6,000. I own a trailblazer now and the MPG are killing me! Are the colorado's any better on gas?

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
the mpg's arent that different.. not with the I5 and 33's on it... my dad has an '06 I5 Quad Cab Z71 offroad with stock tires and gets worse mpg's then i do in my SS...

looks like the majority of that asking price is for the mods...

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
The mileage will be almost identical to an I6 TB, shave a cylinder off the engine and a few hundred pounds off the truck = not much overall difference.

If you do, before you drive ANYWHERE with it, yank that Jet Chip out and chuck it in the trash. Worthless POS.

Flyersguy

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Thanks for the advice. The guy isnt returning any of my emails and its been a week so who knows. I asked him what hes getting for mpg's anything has got to be better than my 11.9-13.5 that ive been averaging for the past 6 mothns. 200 miles on a tank sucks!

navigator

Dec 3, 2011
Flyersguy said:
Thanks for the advice. The guy isnt returning any of my emails and its been a week so who knows. I asked him what hes getting for mpg's anything has got to be better than my 11.9-13.5 that ive been averaging for the past 6 mothns. 200 miles on a tank sucks!
have you done a lot of investigating on why your mileage is so low?
Things like a new tstat, 02 sensor, temp sender, plugs etc?

fishguy1123

Dec 5, 2011
Spend some money on repairs to get it back to norm. Give us some maintinence history and temp info and let us get you up to speed.

Flyersguy

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
i put a new tstat in maybe 3 years ago. i have an 02 sensor but had 2 shops tell me its stuck in there (upstrem 02) and chances are they will damage the pipe that it is on....the y-pipe i believe. it has a new trans about 10k miles ago. engine has 160,000 and i do drive hard. i havnt done coil packs yet. thats about it as far as i can remember.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Flyersguy said:
engine has 160,000 and i do drive hard.

theres part of your problem right there... with all my mods that i had on my SS, when i didnt beat on it, i got the best of 19.2 on a highway trip doing 75 mph for over 5 hours...

when i used to beat on her, or take her to the track, i only got around 9-13 mpg's... try driving norrmal, and see what the results are..

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Flyersguy said:
and i do drive hard.

Boricua SS said:
try driving norrmal, and see what the results are..

I've tried not driving hard....it's not possible :biggrin: Unless of course your driving it without power steering, in that case it's just torture lol

I would see exactly what your engine temp is, Is the temp gauge needle right up and down center on 210 and not a tick lower? If it is lower than 210...I'd suggest investing in a new thermostat. I had HORRIBLE mileage when my t-stat was bad. I also drive my truck extremely hard, but I still manage 12.8 mpg's in town, with mostly in town driving.

I would invest in the truck before giving up hope. Might surprise you!

Good luck!

Flyersguy

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
I drove it for a couple of weeks "like a normal person" (it really sucked and was boring as hell) same result, crap mileage. My t-stat is a tick low and has been since i put it on 3 years ago.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cunra731

Members Online