Something in AC squeaking.

wesman43

Original poster
Apr 30, 2013
I have a loud squeak coming from something in the engine pertaining to AC. It happens every other time I upshift or go from 1200 to 2000 rpm and back. Its just a really loud SQEAUK!!!!!!! Once then everything is back to normal. I changed the belt thinking this was the problem but nope.

However, When I turn the blower/AC off completely I can't reproduce the noise at all anymore. Which pretty much stumps me lol

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
It's the ac clutch. Either gapped too far or there is dirt and junk in it causing slippage. What you are hearing is it slipping. Usually will happen when trying to engage at higher rpms. A search for ac clutch should render useful information

wesman43

Original poster
Apr 30, 2013
jimmyjam said:
It's the ac clutch. Either gapped too far or there is dirt and junk in it causing slippage. What you are hearing is it slipping. Usually will happen when trying to engage at higher rpms. A search for ac clutch should render useful information

wesman43

Original poster
Apr 30, 2013
Okay, I did quite a thorough search, and it seems to me that it may be slipping as you said. However, usually with this issue there are more problems like the air not being cold etc. It looks like a pretty simple fix of shimming it, but i'll give you a definitive answer tomorrow when I'm not at work and have time to look at it to see if it slips at higher RPMs.

Also, if I can pinpoint the squeak to the AC pulley area then might as well do something about it even though it's working fine xD

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online