Someone please help with Halo Projector Head Lights!!!!!

blazer706

Original poster
Apr 28, 2013
Hello I am having the most difficult time in install these Halo Projector Head Lights (CCFL). I have seen other installs but it was with HID kits installed. Im hooking up just the head lights and it is one Connector that I dont know what to do with Pictures Below. I can get the Halo rings to come on but i dont know about the LED Strip im have had these headlights for 3 months and i need help putting them in. thanks anyone

Attachments

• IMAG0010.jpg
    IMAG0010.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 21

smitty5150

Nov 18, 2011
That plug is for the led strip on the bottom of those lights? Does.it plug.in to the stock bulb socket? Looks like it might. If so, just plug in and go. If not, you need to cut the ends of and splice the wires directly......hooking ground to ground, running light to running light, and turn to turn. It really is simple, you just need to look at it the right way.

blazer706

Original poster
Apr 28, 2013
There isnt any plug for that connection and it is four wires Two Black One green/white and a solid green i may be making this hard i wired them up in my other car which was direct plug theses aren't it is that on connector

ConeKilrAutoX

Dec 8, 2011
do you have a picture of the front so I can see the halo / LED strip style? but as smitty5150 said you might have to cut the connector in the picture you posted and wire it up yourself to the appropriate wire (ground, 12v power, etc) I just want to see if the LED strip is for turn signal or running light or low beam etc

blazer706

Original poster
Apr 28, 2013
here is the front

- - - Updated - - -

how would i tell which black wire is correct

Attachments

• IMAG0024.jpg
    IMAG0024.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 18

ConeKilrAutoX

Dec 8, 2011
ok. so if that connector (the one you are asking about) is disconnected you still have the halo lights come on? I would bet that the two black wires can be connected together and then to a ground. I would assume that they are for the LED strip. Now for the green/white and green wires...I am betting that one wire is for running light mode and one is to for turn signal. When you have the connector disconnected like in your picture does your turn signal come on at all?

ConeKilrAutoX

Dec 8, 2011
That set of wires might also be used for hyper flash (when the leds have no load resistors and the turn signal indicator flashes rapidly and so does the LED = bad ) <--- this is just a thought though because I do not know what manufacture you have but I have seen some like that. (AS SEEN IN THE PHOTO BELOW - the grey box is a hyper flash corrector)
View attachment 27809

Attachments

• hyperflash halo projector lighting.jpg
    hyperflash halo projector lighting.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 18

smitty5150

Nov 18, 2011
Those blacks are absolutely ground. The resistors are likely built in to those lights. The green and greem/white power the white and amber leds. In the stock harness there are 3 wires. A ground, one for running lights, and one for turns. You need to figure which wire in the light harness powers which leds, and which wire in the stock harness operates running lights vs turn signal. Match the wires to the appropriate function and you are golden.

blazer706

Original poster
Apr 28, 2013
ConeKilrAutoX said:
ok. so if that connector (the one you are asking about) is disconnected you still have the halo lights come on? I would bet that the two black wires can be connected together and then to a ground. I would assume that they are for the LED strip. Now for the green/white and green wires...I am betting that one wire is for running light mode and one is to for turn signal. When you have the connector disconnected like in your picture does your turn signal come on at all?

with all other connectors plugged and halos wired only low/high beams work, so yea that connector i was asking about is for the LED i was a little worried about cutting the connector

blazer706

Original poster
Apr 28, 2013
smitty5150 said:
Those blacks are absolutely ground. The resistors are likely built in to those lights. The green and greem/white power the white and amber leds. In the stock harness there are 3 wires. A ground, one for running lights, and one for turns. You need to figure which wire in the light harness powers which leds, and which wire in the stock harness operates running lights vs turn signal. Match the wires to the appropriate function and you are golden.

thanks all, im going to give it a try and i will let you guys know the results

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moscoreli

Members Online