So I want to mod the center console but...

AzTruckGuy

Original poster
Dec 1, 2015
scottsdale, az
Man I have to say my 03 Trailblazer is so easy to work on and take apart. I installed my new JVC JW-AV30BT double din unit, Sirius XM tuner and Bluetooth mic in the over head console. It took me most the day yesterday with breaks, to make it a clean install. So now comes the mod to install a IPhone dock and HDMI Port...I ran the cables underneath the center console area. So I will mod the center console insert. Why is this part so deep? It seems there are ridges on the bottom that would indicate some other piece can go inside? Has anyone else did a mod to this insert? IMG_0105.JPG

Last edited:

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
Ir is designed to hold cd cases in the bottom. All you really need to do is pull it out and drill a hole big enough to run the cables through. I have done this on many vehicles.

Edit: I'm thinking the very bottom will hold cassette tape and the middle section for cd cases. Alas I do not have either to test it.

Reactions: Blckshdw

AzTruckGuy

Original poster
Dec 1, 2015
scottsdale, az
Ir is designed to hold cd cases in the bottom. All you really need to do is pull it out and drill a hole big enough to run the cables through. I have done this on many vehicles.

Ha Ha I knew that....Yes I do plan on cutting into it but I would like to insert something that doesn't make this insert so deep, to me its wasted space since I don't do Cds anymore...

AzTruckGuy

Original poster
Dec 1, 2015
scottsdale, az
Hey Blazing Trails since I have you replying, what do you think when changing out the suspension....to do poly bushings for lower front and rear upper and lower bars in the rear?

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
It can't hurt anything but unless you need performance is a waste of money, you would be fine replacing with oem. The poly bushing will stiffen the ride up a bit too, so it is really up to what you want to do with your truck.

AzTruckGuy

Original poster
Dec 1, 2015
scottsdale, az
It can't hurt anything but unless you need performance is a waste of money, you would be fine replacing with oem. The poly bushing will stiffen the ride up a bit too, so it is really up to what you want to do with your truck.

Well I'm doing 2/3 with shocks, with upper arms. My ride will be a daily drive and out of town ride, I don't really need performance as I wont be doing the 4x4. I'm guessing the rear and upper bars would be fine left stock for what I want to do also?

Reactions: BlazingTrails

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online