Silverstar zXe

willn513

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Anybody using the silver star zxe's? I always ran silver star ultra bulbs in my TB before upgrading to HID. I am thinking of getting a set for my wife's Mitsubishi Montero but was wondering if you guys had any experience with them? We aren't planning on keeping the Monty too much longer so I really don't want to retrofit HIDs into it, but I may considering the high cost of the silver stars anyways... Opinions???

Busterbrown

Dec 4, 2011
I had considered buying the zXe's for a used Maxima I just purchased. But after reading a few forum threads regarding the makeup of the bulb's, I convinced myself not too. Apparently, Sylvania uses a heavy blue tint/film on this product to emulate an "HID" look. And as most people informed about coated bulbs, this pseudo-approach has never been beneficial to the driver. I'm happy with Silverstar Ultra's in both my Rainier and Maxima.

willn513

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Busterbrown said:
I had considered buying the zXe's for a used Maxima I just purchased. But after reading a few forum threads regarding the makeup of the bulb's, I convinced myself not too. Apparently, Sylvania uses a heavy blue tint/film on this product to emulate an "HID" look. And as most people informed about coated bulbs, this pseudo-approach has never been beneficial to the driver. I'm happy with Silverstar Ultra's in both my Rainier and Maxima.

Thanks. I'll prob get ultras also as that's what I always ran before getting HID in the TB. I'm betting that film/coating on that bulb really cuts down on life time.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cunra731

Members Online