Silverado Audio Upgrade

Jason24

Original poster
Jan 8, 2012
I’m looking for recommendations on audio upgrades for a non-Bose 2012 Silverado Crew Cab. I’d like to keep the stock head unit, add a sub and I assume replace the stock speakers. I’m not really looking to make the street vibrate, but would like clear full range sound. Space is kind of a premium so I would like to hide what I can under the seats or in the dash and door panels. I’ve seen that Kicker has a plug and play system designed for these trucks, but supposedly it can’t be installed in truck with adjustable pedals as that’s where their processor/amp is installed and I have the adjustable pedals…

Any suggestions? Does anyone have an example of what they did?

06_GATOR_VOY

May 22, 2013
not looking to upgrade the headunit? was going to say they make boxes design to go under the rear seats for subs and as for the doors would suggest a nice comp set powered by and amp and the rear speakers a set of 2way coax...... seems like you just looking for alittle bump.

Jason24

Original poster
Jan 8, 2012
06_GATOR_VOY said:
not looking to upgrade the headunit? was going to say they make boxes design to go under the rear seats for subs and as for the doors would suggest a nice comp set powered by and amp and the rear speakers a set of 2way coax...... seems like you just looking for alittle bump.

I would consider swapping the head unit if I really need to, but would much rather keep the stock look and integration. Nothing else you mentioned sounds too far off of what I'm willing to do. I've done some looking around online, but just can't seem to find much except these JL Audio Stealthbox® (Light cashmere) Custom-fit fiberglass enclosure with two 10" W3v3-4 subwoofers Fits 2007-Up Chevrolet and GMC Crew Cab trucks at Crutchfield.com which isn't bad, but I would rather not loose the storage under the entire rear seat and I generally start to get stumped as to where to put everything else. The PSICRE07 kit from Kicker sounded like an ideal and easy to install solution, but I can't use it and I may have been expecting too much from it as I've never actually heard one.

I'm not necessarily opposed to a bigger system or a complete overhaul, but quality sound and stealth are the top priorities. I work on high-end PA/sound systems professionally, but car audio is out of my area of expertise and I just can't take the stock system anymore :hissyfit:.

Jason24

Original poster
Jan 8, 2012
I forgot to mention, I also have the full center console like what is in the LTZ trims, so the packages that replace the center section of the bench seat or get installed under it won't apply to my scenario either.

06_GATOR_VOY

May 22, 2013
Jason24 said:
I would consider swapping the head unit if I really need to, but would much rather keep the stock look and integration. Nothing else you mentioned sounds too far off of what I'm willing to do. I've done some looking around online, but just can't seem to find much except these JL Audio Stealthbox® (Light cashmere) Custom-fit fiberglass enclosure with two 10" W3v3-4 subwoofers Fits 2007-Up Chevrolet and GMC Crew Cab trucks at Crutchfield.com which isn't bad, but I would rather not loose the storage under the entire rear seat and I generally start to get stumped as to where to put everything else. The PSICRE07 kit from Kicker sounded like an ideal and easy to install solution, but I can't use it and I may have been expecting too much from it as I've never actually heard one.

I'm not necessarily opposed to a bigger system or a complete overhaul, but quality sound and stealth are the top priorities. I work on high-end PA/sound systems professionally, but car audio is out of my area of expertise and I just can't take the stock system anymore :hissyfit:.

what about something like this since you don't want to take up all the are under the seat and this way also and can kinda choose a sub....
2007 2013 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext Cab Truck Single 10" Sub Box Subwoofer Enclosure | eBay

if you plan on running an amp to the subs and the doors going to have to find a way to run the rcas to the stock unit....be a lot easier just swapping imo, plus you can get a DD that fills the area like your stock radio and appear to be stock just upgraded. never seen this kicker kit your talking about.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckazacos

Members Online