Should i get a PCM4lesstune or Tuned in town here...i Run on Natural Gas

essaycho348

Original poster
Mar 7, 2012
So its the second time in a year that i need to replace this stupid electronic fan clutch and im thinking ill just go with the 2009 unit thats not electronic. This means i will need a tune to get rid of the check engine light.

This brings me to my question. I run the Truck on Natural Gas, or gasoline, its a bifuel. My intake has been altered to help with the mixing of the NG via the venturi effect, this restricts the airflow quite a bit, but theres nothing i can do unless i want to spend thousands more to change how the whole cng system mixes so thats out of the question. But my question is because of the altered intake will the truck do a faceplant with a pcmforless tune?

Yea its not pretty to look at but it helps me save money:
enginebay005.jpg

DJones

Jan 21, 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
That's why I chose a sequential injection CNG kit. The Venturi type is probably best suited for carbureted engines. If I don't use the injectors that come with my conversion kit, I'll send them to you. Also, with a bi-fuel setup, you'll never see any benefit from the 130 octane rating.

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Email PCMforless and see if they even have a tune for a CNG set-up.
If not, check for something closer.

borretje

Jan 1, 2012
Gas is for cooking:yes:

essaycho348

Original poster
Mar 7, 2012
DJones said:
Also, with a bi-fuel setup, you'll never see any benefit from the 130 octane rating.

What do you mean by 130 octane rating?

essaycho348

Original poster
Mar 7, 2012
marshall@pcm said:
We don't offer anything for CNG. :sadcry:

I guess then my question more is: if I get it tuned as a gas vehicle (because I run it on gasoline too) will the intake setup that I have, will the tune even make a difference? and then when I switch to cng will the truck fall on its face?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chadla11

Members Online

No members online now.