Shop Recommendations in St. Paul, MN

Dammage

Original poster
Oct 15, 2014
I've been searching through the forums looking for any mention of my issues and I am begining to think that htere are just too many of them to adequately diagnose on my own. So, do any of you know of a good, reputable shop in St. Paul, MN; where I can get a diagnosis and some reasonable expertise? I am not afraid of doing the work, but I am also not opposed to paying someone a fair price to get this thing up to snuff either. Thanks in advance for the help. You guys are great.

C-ya

Aug 24, 2012
I guess no one knows anything. Yelp is a pretty good local resource for reviews if you haven't found anyone yet.

Dammage

Original poster
Oct 15, 2014
Thanks. I know of a few places, but it would have been nice to go in on a referral. They are typically a little more honest when they know that more than one relationship is on the line.

Texan

Jan 14, 2014
Lets start out with 3 or 4 issues, and see if we can help you out. More than happy to try.

Dammage

Original poster
Oct 15, 2014
Well, my shift indicator is stuck on "1", my reverse lights don't come on, my cruise control doesn't work, my speedometer and my odometer aren't working, and my transmission won't lock into 4th. I was just told that it could be as simple as a ground and I'm going to check that out tomorrow. With that being said, I'm also thinking it could be a computer issue. I have tried to attack many of the issues separately, but none of them have been fixed by treating them specifically.

Even if we can't figure it out, I really appreciate the help.

Texan

Jan 14, 2014
Download the shop manual in the Technical Section under Mooseman thread.
They are pdf files that would be a big help. As Roadie said, could be a ground
problem and you can find their locations. Also look for other threads for ground
locations.

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
Personally I would have a tranny shop look at the trans.. There is a reputable shop on University. Bonded Transmission. I spoke with them in person about my wife's manual trans and he is aware of the neglect our TBs see. He has done tranny and rear diff w/ G80 on these.

Everything else I'd try to trouble shoot myself with the help of this site. Haven't been on in a while, sorry you went so long without a response

Dammage

Original poster
Oct 15, 2014
I'm going to check all of the grounds this evening and cross my fingers in the hopes that I can at least narrow down my electrical/computer problem, if not fix it altogether. Once that is done, I will schedule an appointment to have the trans checked over. Any idea on what a shop would charge for a solenoid install or a module replacement? I have only ever done the work myself, so I have no idea what is a fair price to pay for something like that.

Thanks again!

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
Dammage said:
I'm going to check all of the grounds this evening and cross my fingers in the hopes that I can at least narrow down my electrical/computer problem, if not fix it altogether. Once that is done, I will schedule an appointment to have the trans checked over. Any idea on what a shop would charge for a solenoid install or a module replacement? I have only ever done the work myself, so I have no idea what is a fair price to pay for something like that.

Thanks again!
Give them a call. I was quoted $100 hourly for labor and I would've paid them had I not traded her car for a newer one.
Tell them you were referred there and they would give you a free estimate.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adungyyy

Members Online