NEED HELP Shift lights

Dave 26

Original poster
Sep 8, 2021
NJ
Hey Guys
I just had a rebuild on my 2008 TB transmission 145k miles. When I picked it up. Drive seemed fine but , when putting in 1,2,3 the indicator lights were out of sync. Brought it back , they replaced the N safety switch . Ok things were in sync. But 1st had a weird chug to it . While waiting to get back to the shop . I was driving on highway went to pass and the rpms revved to 6500 while i was only doing 60. Then it started slipping while 30-50 mph range , Back to shop guy says trans is toast, Ok they put another rebuilt in it. Now it drives normal in D , but again moving shifter to 1,2,3 D. the indicator light is out of sync.. Shop says we dont know ..

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
There's obviously something with the neutral/PRNDL switch assembly. You or the shop would need a scan tool capable of reading what the TCM/PCM is seeing from it. Shop sounds pretty sketchy to me.

Dec 5, 2011
Central Pennsylvania
Thanks
Im going back tomorrow, Its a shop .All they do is trans.
Unfortunately, that doesn't mean they do all of them well.
This is a platform that hasn't been in production for 14 years. Further, there are plenty of examples of idiosyncrasies this platform has that many shops just don't know how to handle today.

Reactions: Mooseman

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Could be caused by a discrepancy between the internal mechanical valve and the PRNDL switch.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chriswilson5585

Members Online

No members online now.