Shaved or duals??

07ssbeast

Original poster
Apr 2, 2012
Im having the hardest time deciding if i want to shave the rearbumper or put duals on.. I heard there stock with true duals but i looked underneath and there was only one muffler..?

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
07ssbeast said:
Im having the hardest time deciding if i want to shave the rearbumper or put duals on.. I heard there stock with true duals but i looked underneath and there was only one muffler..?

IMO, im all about "looking" stock and having the "sleeper" ride/status...

im guessing your refering to the "true duals/slp dual outlets", the SS only has one muffler, and a single outlet... if youre seeing one with dual outlet/tips/etc..., thats an aftermarkett mod... personally, im not a fan of duals on the SS.. but its your ride... ultimatly, your gonna do what you want and think looks best...

07ssbeast

Original poster
Apr 2, 2012
Dont most ss diferent models have two mufflers? I thought it was wierd they only have a single outlet. my exhaust is aftermarket magnaflo dont know much about it.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
07ssbeast said:
Dont most ss diferent models have two mufflers? I thought it was wierd they only have a single outlet. my exhaust is aftermarket magnaflo dont know much about it.

no.. you probably thinking of the "resonator"... what most do when they get the TBSS or even the standard TB/Envoy/Bravada/Rainer, is chop off the resonator...does no harm, and adds a bit of sound... the muffler should be close to your rear passanger door... then the stock resonator would be right in front of the rearr bumper with a tip on it... but since you have a magnaflow muffler, im banking on the previous owner chopping off the resonator too..

all SS models have one muffler, one resonator, and single outlet exhausts on them...

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
DUAL BORLAS, all aftermarket Just a y/split pipe its girl duals not true duals

07ssbeast

Original poster
Apr 2, 2012
All i know is it sounds mean.. So if i were to put duals on should i y it out or get another muffler..?

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Thats a single outlet from your header Y pipe then its split by the spare

A TRUE DUAL is 2 separate pipes straight back from your headers

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
IMO, the Corsa exhausts are hands down the loudest for the SS... i dont have LT headers on my SS (yet lol) and my exhaust is STUPID loud under WOT... and this is just single outlet with no duals.. heres a clip so you get an idea of the different exhaust from Borla, Magnaflow, Flowmaster, to Corsa... this is the Corsa Sport full 3" catback...

[video=youtube_share;6TkYeqRN14o]http://youtu.be/6TkYeqRN14o[/video]

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cunra731

Members Online