Setting ABS Codes...

amweaver47

Original poster
May 15, 2012
I had a strange ABS thing today. I went to the car wash and had them do the underbody wash because I plan on investigating my P0410 code and some other things tomorrow and wanted it de-salted. I went to Advanced Auto and had the guy read my codes (I couldn't remember what the code was) and he pointed out that I had a few ABS codes as well. He said it showed both front speed sensors throwing a fault code as well as a fault code for the ABS circuit (I believe that's what he said). I was in a hurry and didn't have time to write down the codes but I just wanted to put the feelers out and see if there's a chance of the wiring being wet causing that or if anyone else has experience dealing with that. For what it's worth, my ABS seems to have worked like it should so far this season and I don't have a brake or ABS light on on the the dash. I figured I would see if anyone has any ideas of what to troubleshoot.

I did a search and didn't find any results that gave me a warm, fuzzy feeling about it so sorry if there is anything out there.

mrphoenix80

Jan 1, 2013
amweaver47 said:
I don't have a brake or ABS light on on the the dash.QUOTE]

Have the codes read again, but if you have no light and the system works then ok. They could be history codes. That got set by service work that was done or the like. IF you have a fault that is active like a bad speed sensor it will give you a light.

AtlWrk

Dec 6, 2011
The EBCM (Electronic Brake Control Module) sits on the frame rail under the drivers seat. The underbody wash very well may have driven some water into the connectors. May be worth pulling the connectors and checking/letting them dry just to be sure. As mrphoenix80 said, have the codes read again.

amweaver47

Original poster
May 15, 2012
Thanks for the responses guys. I had the battery unhooked to clean my throttle body yesterday so I want to drive it for a few days and have the codes read again.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
33chevyrod