Sequential circuit

Midnyteryder196

Original poster
Dec 13, 2013
Osceola,Ia
Hey guys got an idea for a mod.. But just trying to figure out how a sesquintial circuit works and how to make one. Looking at powering 3 to 5 arrays of leds.

Been doing some research but still a noob to circuits and that so can anyone dumb down how they work and how I would make one?

Thanks.
Matt

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
The extremely short and dirty version is, you have a controller than accepts an input, and outputs a number of signals in any number of predetermined sequences that are programmed into it. Obviously the most frequently associated pattern is a one-after-the-other. But depending on which controller you get, and how you program it, there can be many.

Now as for making one, I couldn't tell you. I've seen threads on HIDP and only the more advanced members have made their own. You can buy pre-built sequencers from a number of places. Ebay, and Amazon of course. I've also seen them on Ex-LED USA like this one...

sequantial-contents.png

Edit: Another member tried building something similar too here

Sequential turn signals

Reactions: Midnyteryder196

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Midnyteryder196 said:
Thanks Carlton will check them out and see if they will work for What I need
Looks like the one I posted is out of stock, but at least you can see how the connections look on the board. There are lots of ready-made options out there, just have to find one that fits what you're looking for. :thumbsup:

Reactions: Midnyteryder196

DAlastDON

Apr 6, 2014
Kentucky
Something i learned like 18 years ago. Can be done with a Decade Counter IC 4017 and an IC 555 timer. The knowledge of the circuit faded from memory many years ago. From what i recall the 555 sends a clock pulse to the 4017 making it "count" or flash the LED's in a sequence.

Midnyteryder196

Original poster
Dec 13, 2013
Osceola,Ia
Well I will let the cat outta the bag.. Lol. I'm looking at modding a set of tail lights and using like 4 halos in each spot on the stock tails. Wanting turns to flash from inward out. Then brakes all 4 light up.. N with tails just the outter 2 rings light up.

Reactions: Sib

coolasice

Oct 27, 2013
Northern Maine
most aftermarket sequential led lights are designed with pic processors. simple, easy to work with. all that is needed is a regulator and the processor. everything else is up to you.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moscoreli

Members Online