Security Relearn problem!

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Hey guys Happy Holidays!
I was talking about a problem I was having on another thread but it wasn't a dedicated one so thought I'd just start this one to point out that there is a problem.

History
I purchased a PCM4LESS tune from Kelly & Alvin, and when I hooked it up I attempted a security relearn and wouldn't work. Long story short, turned out the Vin number was wrong though Kelly had confirmed it was done (which I believe). This is a standard step and I really don't think such a mistake could happen.

So I started suspecting my haunted TB lol!. As a result of trying and trying Kelly suggested the VATS be disabled so I could bypass the security relearn. The reason for this is I live in Saudi Arabia now, and takes 3-4 weeks shipping back and forth and not to mention a sweet $50-$60 each time. So I agreed to that.

I sent back the PCM and Kelly sent a new one with the security disabled.

Present
I got the PCM last week, Installed it and Started her up. At first was real hesistant which I'd understand, so turned her off and restarted. Car started perfectly, but few moments later I get the Security light illuminated in my face and won't go away.

Kelly suggested I try the security relearn for the heck of it. So I double checked the Vin number to make sure it was correct and it was thankfully. I then attempt to do a security relearn but again won't work.

I turn on the ignition (not the car just to on position) and wait the 11 minutes (even more to be safe), but the light never goes off to proceed to step 2. This is what it was doing the first time around and the second time.

The difference between the first time and second time, is that with the first PCM I'd attempt to start the vehicle then wait the 11 minutes.

Sorry for the long post but any ideas!??! :frown:

07Blazerman

Dec 4, 2011
Are you leaving it in the run position after attempting to start it? I recently did it with the loaner and made sure after attempting to start I left it in the most forward position.

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Come on guys a little help :mad: lol! So the other day I was driving and the light went off by itself. After shutting her off and on again the light comes once again!

1. Any ideas on what's going on?
2. Or is there any way to completely disable the light?

I know I could do it the old fashion way which is take apart the cluster, put black electric tape over it and assemble it back together :rotfl: Just wondering is there any other way of doing this?

Help a brother out! :biggrin:

07Blazerman

Dec 4, 2011
fadyasha said:
Come on guys a little help :mad: lol! So the other day I was driving and the light went off by itself. After shutting her off and on again the light comes once again!

I know I could do it the old fashion way which is take apart the cluster, put black electric tape over it and assemble it back together :rotfl: Just wondering is there any other way of doing this?

Sorry to hear you are still having a problem. I am out of ideas and unfortunately I have come to realize that the so called experts on this forum that left because they think they know more than anyone else but don't help anyone out. I am done with this site and will probably go back to the other site as I am running into the same issue of none of the so called experts finding time to help out. Good luck with your issue and maybe someoine will find it in their hearts to help you out, Sorry to hijack your thread!

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
fadyasha said:

Not sure here, I recently had a similar problem working on an Impala and basically I started at the beginning a few times before I finally got it. Have you tried disconnecting the battery again and start from there.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
07Blazerman said:
Sorry to hear you are still having a problem. I am out of ideas and unfortunately I have come to realize that the so called experts on this forum that left because they think they know more than anyone else but don't help anyone out. I am done with this site and will probably go back to the other site as I am running into the same issue of none of the so called experts finding time to help out. Good luck with your issue and maybe someoine will find it in their hearts to help you out, Sorry to hijack your thread!

Have you given any thought that some of the "experts" haven't been online lately due to family or other issues that have to be taken care of? Have you thought that there is nothing stopping you from looking for answers on the OS? I can definitely tell you that several of the guys that normally answer a lot of these posts have not been where they can easily get online due to family issues and taking care of their real life in general. I don't generally answer things that I am not too knowledgeable on, though I may put in some of my experiences to try to help out. Roadie and some of the other guys are very knowledgeable of these vehicles, but they will also tell you that they are not on the newer models with the new sensors on the 06+ since most of them own 05 or older trucks.

Sorry for :hijack::rant: Fady, I hope we get your security issue taken care of.

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
07Blazerman said:
I have come to realize that the so called experts on this forum that left because they think they know more than anyone else but don't help anyone out.

One, the OP was in contact with pcm4less for his problem in his other thread. There was no need for me to chime in, IMO.
Two, without a tech2 (or equivalent) there is no diy security light diagnosis.

Sorry to see you go, you know where to find us if you need us.:thumbsup:

djthumper said:
Roadie and some of the other guys are very knowledgeable of these vehicles, but they will also tell you that they are not on the newer models with the new sensors on the 06+ since most of them own 05 or older trucks.

Hmmmm, quiz me on the export Passlock3, I dare ya.:wink:

Sorry for the OT, fadyasha your guy with the Tech2 should read the pcm and bcm codes next.

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
No worries budd! And thanks I'll do that! :smile: the funny thing is after i run the TB for a few minutes the security light then illuminates and not upon ignition.

Will give get the scan done and get back to u guys!

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
07Blazerman said:
...I have come to realize that the so called experts on this forum that left because they think they know more than anyone else
Somehow you missed the thread where we explained why this site was set up. If we just got burned out on excessive expectations of noobs we could have MUCH more easily stayed there and shut up. With no drama.
but don't help anyone out.
Sorry the volunteers here didn't meet your needs for factory-trained expertise at no cost this time. Good luck with the couple of noob mods back on the OS. I think they have a combined 0.0003% as many helpful posts as the staff and volunteers here do.
I am done with this site and will probably go back to the other site as I am running into the same issue of none of the so called experts finding time to help out.
There you go thinking it's a question of finding time for YOU. Sigh. What possible motivation would we have to withhold information? If somebody had it.
Good luck with your issue and maybe someoine will find it in their hearts to help you out...
Good luck with finding all the information you ever need at a price you're willing to pay for it. And may the deity of your choice find it in their heart to to give you the serenity to deal with unfulfilled and unreasonable expectations. :wink:

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Time for some Popcorn :popcorn:

I think it's important to realize that the site was established by enthusiasts and it's free advice so it will take time for a response. If you need something quick all you need to do is go to any shop and pay $$$ for quick diagnosis.

Don't wanna sound like an ass but in a way yes 07blazerman was trying to stand up for a certain cause, but I think it was a bit too harsh as people have their day to day lives to deal with and advice here is FREE! We give and Take!

It would be a shame to lose a fellow member.

Now back to subject :rotfl:! I'll go and perform diagnostics today and see what comes up. The last time though when I went for the Case Relearn there was nothing on the scanner, but all he said to me was "I see you've disabled the security".

As mentioned earlier the security light illuminates few minutes after having the ignition in On or Run position and not right away. I'm beginning to think this is standard behavior. Anyhow it's time to take out my wallet and pay the $40 for getting it scanned. lol! My scanner sux and isn't even near being sophisticated lol!

navigator

Dec 3, 2011
I don't know the answer to your problem but honestly I click the new posts link at the top.
It seems there are so many lounge items/noise (the word games, guess the next poster, etc) that it seems that a lot of the new posts aren't vehicle related anymore. If folks are like me and just hitting the new posts link then they don't see some of the threads like this.

This morning I finally started going into some of the folders of interest to peek around to see if anything was going on.

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Just to keep you folks aware of what's going on. Haven't had the time to go get a proper scan yet! My family just got back :wootwoot:! Hopefully over the weekend will just pass by and get the scan done!

I've been doing alot of reading off google and It may seem that the BCM is causing this. I'm not sure how the tune bypasses the VATS and to be honest haven't asked. Kelly had exhausted all options for helping me out and I appreciate it but my TB is kind of a PITA! I think it's because it's imported from GM Japan :rotfl:

Anyhow i'll post when I can but might be a few days! I have my original PCM in the back just in case she ever decides to die on me and not start up! Some had my symptoms where the light was illuminated and eventually won't start up then have to go through the security relearn and my TB doesn't do security relearns apparently :confused:

Thanks guys :thumbsup:

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Still havent had the chance to get my PCM hooked up on a scan tool but noticed something today.

1. Turn the ignition to On position (Not running the TB yet)
2. Security light comes on in 30 seconds to a minute.
3. Turn the key to running position.

The TB runs and the light goes out! Does this bring any new ideas to the table?:crazy:

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
fadyasha said:
Still havent had the chance to get my PCM hooked up on a scan tool but noticed something today.

1. Turn the ignition to On position (Not running the TB yet)
2. Security light comes on in 30 seconds to a minute.
3. Turn the key to running position.

The TB runs and the light goes out! Does this bring any new ideas to the table?:crazy:

To add also If I run my TB without waiting the light comes on obviously, but if i shut her down and back on without removing the key the light stays out. Crazy! :mad:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danbrennan

Members Online