NEED HELP Scuff marks on sidewall

Punar

Original poster
Jul 5, 2019
Kentucky
I'm not even sure where to ask this, I'm assuming it's a suspension problem. Anyway my 08 envoy is shaking/bouncing once I hit 30mph it's weird never had a vehicle act this way. I noticed that there is always scuff Mark's on the sidewall of the passenger side tire, there is no curbs around here so there's no way I scraped a curb. I have replaced all the ball joints, inner/outer tie rods, rotors and pads front and rear and the front hub assemblies. Took it to a "mechanic" and was told the u joints were the problem, they seemed fine to me but they're cheap so I replaced them, including the CV axle looking one front and rear... at this point I'm lost and have given up on the so called mechanics around here, it seems like they're just guessing. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Replaced shocks and struts too.

Mektek

May 2, 2017
FL
If you notice tire damage without hitting anything then maybe you have a broken belt in the tire.
Simple test is to jack up the wheel and put a brick close to the tread face as you can. Rotate the tire and watch if the gap fluctuates. If it does then no amount of parts changing will fix that - the tire has to be replaced.
Or try putting the spare in place of the wheel you suspect and see if there's a change.

Punar

Original poster
Jul 5, 2019
Kentucky
The tires are practically new, it had dry rotted tires when I bought it about 7 months ago. I had the vehicle on Jack stands last weekend and spun the tires around, didn't notice anything unusual but I will try the brick thing.
Thank you

Mektek

May 2, 2017
FL
Even new tires can go bad or fail surprisingly quickly. I had a BFG tire fail after 1.5 years and maybe 2K miles.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluecorp

Members Online

No members online now.