Same beautiful issue

shadiBLebz

Original poster
Apr 19, 2012
View attachment 26115Hello everyone sorry ive been absent for a little while here.

I have a 2002 Trailblazer LT. l6 4.2 on this paper i got from the shop i was at says EXT but its not extended unless i miss the meaning of it.

so since i have bought my TB last year i've had one on going issue and im sure most of you know. No heat on passenger side, just cold air.

Now this past November it seems as if the blend door actually popped open and allowed me heat for the 2 1/2 months. and just last week it stopped.
I went over what could have caused this problem and took me back to my actuator not functioning not turning ect. not sure what to do anymore i went and seen a mechanics shop today. i needed professional help.

After a 2hour diagnostic( and $160.00cnd) results were as follows

Broken blend door shaft.
Incorrect blend door actualtor.

In order to repair these problems they would need to take apart the dash to access the Hvac.replace almost the entire Hvac system and new actuator.
Quote without blend door parts and only the blend actuator was $1500
I did some calling around and a complete Hvac system with the vents and the whole shabang would cost $350.00 plus GST

I would like to know how to take apart my dash and is it worth it to invest in this. or just sell the TB and lick my wounds.:frown: i really like my TB Wife keeps tellin me to get rid of it and i dont wanna it makes me happy:frown:

so any help is better than none i always say.:thumbsup:

Attachments

• 20130131_114802.jpg
    20130131_114802.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 9

CaptainXL

Dec 4, 2011
shadiBLebz said:
I would like to know how to take apart my dash

I take it your inexperienced doing this type of work? It's a straightforward process but takes a lot of time and patience. Tons of parts need to be organized and could get lost. There are a lot of parts to keep track of. If you have never done it before then I wouldn't recommend it. But it's hard to gauge your mechanical aptitude with any certainty. It's not a project anyone can hold your hand through and see you to the end.

shadiBLebz said:
and is it worth it to invest in this. or just sell the TB and lick my wounds.:frown:

Cut your losses and sell it if you can. If you can't get a fair price for it then I would keep it and put up with it.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I did it for the first time last summer to replace my A/C evaporator and it wasn't that bad but long. Took a whole day to take out and put back in. Grab a hold of the manuals in my sig which does give instructions. Found this thread in the OS that shows it very well:
Removing dashboard and replacing evaporator - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Just take it slow ad don't rush. It can be done. If you have to take pictures along the way to remember how everything goes and to make a new thread on this job here :biggrin:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe102938

Members Online