Safety Recall Notice #12180 QUESTION - Driver Door Module 2006 Trailblazer

dgreen

Original poster
Jan 22, 2012
Hello Everyone - Just looking for a little insight.

So I received a "Safety Recall Notice" #12180 for my 2006 Trailblazer LT. It's related to the driver door module not functioning properly because fluid such as snow containing road salt may enter the door cabin and corrode or short circuit the module or even cause a fire. I had the same symptoms explained in the recall and after replacing the part it fixed all of my problems (For Now).

Here is a link explaining the recall: GM Recalls Slew of SUVs Over Fire Concern | Speedy Daddy

My main issue is this, I purchased the Driver Door Module part from a dealership, paid a friend who (owns a repair shop) to install it & took it back to the dealer & paid them to program it. I'm currently out about $300.00. Who should I go after to recoup my money? GM or the DEALERSHIP? I have a way of accessing high level executives contact info within GM if that's what it takes but I want my money back NOW! GM customer care states that when a fix becomes available, I can fill out a reimbursement form, but who knows how long that could take. I also don't want to be paid in "Free Oil Changes" or "Discount Service Work" I want my hard earned cash back.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
You got your answer from GM customer care. Have to wait, and follow up with them every so often for the reimbursement form. The dealer can't handle corporate reimbursements. Don't lose your receipts.

I assume you paid for it before you got the recall notice, as a safety enhancement for you and the family. I applaud that decision. That GM changed their mind after being leaned on by the feds doesn't change the fact you bought some peace of mind. Look on the reimbursement as icing on the cake, not the cake itself.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cunra731

Members Online

No members online now.