Saab 9-7X 5.3i - saved seating position

SaabScott

Original poster
Jul 11, 2013
OK, this is a really strange one (I think).

My wife drove the truck for the first time since I got it. She's 8" shorter than I am and I recommended that she save her settings on #2. She did.

Since then, every time I lock/unlock the truck, the seat moves back to HER position. I've even tried re-saving my settings, but no change.

We used the same key ...

Thoughts?

BRomanJr

Dec 9, 2011
SaabScott said:
OK, this is a really strange one (I think).

My wife drove the truck for the first time since I got it. She's 8" shorter than I am and I recommended that she save her settings on #2. She did.

Since then, every time I lock/unlock the truck, the seat moves back to HER position. I've even tried re-saving my settings, but no change.

We used the same key ...

Thoughts?

The memories for seats etc are based on the key FOB that is used to unlock the doors, When the vehicle is new they are numbered 1 and 2 (on the back of the FOB) and the number was the Driver # settings memory.
If you both use the same key and same FOB, then the FOB you are using is programmed as #2, no matter what number is embossed on the back. You can give her the #1 button and set your preferences on #2 that way it will always set to yours when the key FOB is used and she can press #1 button to get her settings.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
They used to have a hidden camera to tell if it was a male or female entering the vehicle so which key was used didn't matter.

[JK!]

But imagine the April Fool's Day possibilities! :rotfl:

strat81

Dec 29, 2011
My 2004 has a setting in the DIC to control if/when the seats move via the fob. I have it set to OFF as I'd rather not have the seats moving just because I or my wife unlock the car.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaywebb25

Members Online

No members online now.