RPM's Jump After Cleaning Throttle Body

jason43080

Original poster
Jun 20, 2012
Birmingham
Well Captain, I gave your suggestion a try again this morning and still had the RPMs jump on the way to work. Maybe I should have sacrificed an eagle or something, any other suggestions?

CaptainXL

Dec 4, 2011
jason43080 said:
Well Captain, I gave your suggestion a try again this morning and still had the RPMs jump on the way to work. Maybe I should have sacrificed an eagle or something, any other suggestions?

Do a search on Google for "RPM fluctuates while coasting". I got back a bunch of cases for other vehicles and maybe one is like your situation. Check it out do some research and get back to us.:thumbsup:

MacMan

Mar 3, 2012
A/C compressor turning off & on due to low Freon level?

Ghost

Jun 1, 2012
CaptainXL said:
Do a search on Google for "RPM fluctuates while coasting". I got back a bunch of cases for other vehicles and maybe one is like your situation. Check it out do some research and get back to us.:thumbsup:

MacMan said:
A/C compressor turning off & on due to low Freon level?

jason43080 said:

So....here's the deal, at a stop light in drive with circulation button on not ac and high beams plus lows on motor wants to stall out....voltage is at 12.90vdc oh and while doing all that and holding all four window buttons up or down voltage drops to 11vdc so I think its the battery???????

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Ghost said:
So....here's the deal, at a stop light in drive with circulation button on not ac
If the recirculation or defrost button is on, it FORCES the AC compressor to come on. Put it in a normal (not recirculate or defrost) mode, then hit the snowflake button to turn it off. Watch the AC compressor clutch to see if it turns and off. Easy to watch the clutch.
,,and high beams plus lows on motor wants to stall out....voltage is at 12.90vdc
That's a good voltage.
oh and while doing all that and holding all four window buttons up or down voltage drops to 11vdc so I think its the battery???????
Holding ALL FOUR window buttons to stall the window regulator motors is a silly test, means nothing. It could blow your megafuse.

Ghost

Jun 1, 2012
the roadie said:
If the recirculation or defrost button is on, it FORCES the AC compressor to come on. Put it in a normal (not recirculate or defrost) mode, then hit the snowflake button to turn it off. Watch the AC compressor clutch to see if it turns and off. Easy to watch the clutch. That's a good voltage. Holding ALL FOUR window buttons to stall the window regulator motors is a silly test, means nothing. It could blow your megafuse.

A google search got me here:

attachment.php

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jvest

Members Online