ROAD TRIP to TENNESSEE??!!??

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeinDE

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
I saw a flyer for Johnson City Slam Fest - Car Show | Site Sponsored By WebCoUSA.com online the other day.
Anybody down for a road trip? It looks like it's about 9 hours away. I think it'll be fun to check out a car show out of our area and see new stuff.

I am gonna start a thread in the SOUTHEAST forum and see if anybody has been to this before, and if it's even worth it. Plus it's for charity, so that's always a WIN.

Let me know....

DARKASS04EXT

Nov 21, 2011
sorry no road trip for me..... :no:

I used to travel for car shows all the time back in the early 2000's. I drove to Atlanta GA for the NOPI Nationals, S.Carolina, Virginia, NY, MD,CT,NH for various different shows. I loved the road trip part the best, we always had around 20+ cars/trucks in our convoys. When i showed at the NOPI NATS, we did the North to South leg of the Super Street tour. By the time we were coming into Atlanta there were approx 2000+ cars driving together. It was awesome to say the least, i used to have a video of our drive down. At one point going through a mountain area looking ahead or behind you, you couldnt see anything but a line of cars going over the hill tops. My favorite road trip prob of all time. :thumbsup:

mikeinDE

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
DARKASS04EXT said:
sorry no road trip for me..... :no:

I used to travel for car shows all the time back in the early 2000's. I drove to Atlanta GA for the NOPI Nationals, S.Carolina, Virginia, NY, MD,CT,NH for various different shows. I loved the road trip part the best, we always had around 20+ cars/trucks in our convoys. When i showed at the NOPI NATS, we did the North to South leg of the Super Street tour. By the time we were coming into Atlanta there were approx 2000+ cars driving together. It was awesome to say the least, i used to have a video of our drive down. At one point going through a mountain area looking ahead or behind you, you couldnt see anything but a line of cars going over the hill tops. My favorite road trip prob of all time. :thumbsup:

I almost did the Super Street Tour to NOPI one year when I had my Jetta.

03TB93

Mar 25, 2012
Hey mike sorry i didnt get back to you yesterday. When is this show? im probably not gonna go, but i wanna take the Girlfriend there for a little vaction and to see her family

mikeinDE

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
03TB93 said:
Hey mike sorry i didnt get back to you yesterday. When is this show? im probably not gonna go, but i wanna take the Girlfriend there for a little vaction and to see her family

It is SAT JUNE 30th

----you guys suck :frown: :no: :lipsrsealed: :mad: :hissyfit:

Don37725

Dec 8, 2011
Can't help with Johnson City event but the Grand spring and fall runs in Pigeon Forge are worth the trip - too late for the spring run which was April but plenty of time to plan for the fall run Sept 15-17 - September weather in the Smokies is tough to beat.

Check out the videos bottom of page in link below

Pigeon Forge Car Shows, Rod Runs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online