Road Shower

revamp

Original poster
Dec 22, 2011
Mansfield, TX
I was shooting the stuff with a coworker today about trucks, gear, and accessories, then he lit up and said, "Oh, you have got to see this!"

He pulled up the website, Road Shower - The Rack Mounted Solar Shower - New Model. This is the coolest shower solution I have ever seen!

You can use H2O cartridges, hand pump, or compressor to pressurize it, it holds 5 gallons, is a tub design so it mounts to a rack universally!

Apparently it was a Kickstarter project. For under $300, not bad, but super cool!

Thought I would share what I found. :thumbsup:

View attachment 33478

It appears this has been around for a while but the new commercial version is finally taking off. Some of you may have seen this around, as it appears to have been discussed on related sites. But, still cool and wanted to make other folks aware of it. Definitely on my wish list!

Attachments

• showeroncarlarge.jpg
    showeroncarlarge.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 15

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Not where I thought this thread title was going......

RayVoy

Nov 20, 2011
Actually, I'm serious :yes::yes: I wanted one for hunting/fishing trips, but I won't pay the $70 for a toilet seat, so I made one.

I used a piece of 2x2 stock, so it would slide into my hitch receiver, added a curved piece of thin-wall (it looks like a big slingshot) and added a toilet seat (a couple of ears to bolt the seat hinge to). Lift the seat, clip on a white kitchen garbage bag, drop the seat, drop the pants and sit down. Very comfortable. Sure beats an old log.

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
I think we need GMTN themed thrones now!

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
revamp said:
You guys rock. The creativity here astounds me sometimes...

Gotta see the build thread on the seat!

I would think you could make one out of PVC for a good price. Just need 2 end caps, how ever much PVC you want in a decent diameter, one junction with a 90* downturn with a 1-2" dia section, and another 90* junction piece with a larger dia hole for filling. Add a decent shower head and a valve. Should be able to do it for under $75-100. Throw on some paint to make it pretty.

You could make another to hold drinking water, just add a filter.

revamp

Original poster
Dec 22, 2011
Mansfield, TX
blazinlow89 said:
I would think you could make one out of PVC for a good price. Just need 2 end caps, how ever much PVC you want in a decent diameter, one junction with a 90* downturn with a 1-2" dia section, and another 90* junction piece with a larger dia hole for filling. Add a decent shower head and a valve. Should be able to do it for under $75-100. Throw on some paint to make it pretty.

You could make another to hold drinking water, just add a filter.

If you read the website of this shower thing and look at the More Info, History, you will see that is exactly how it started. Why NOT make your own? The way he gets it pressurized is cool and makes the method somewhat universal.

It doesn't seem like it would be too hard, and yeah, one for drinking water too, would be good. This is a clever form factor for storing water.

:smile:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I kinda like it. The black color would help heat the water as well.

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
revamp said:
If you read the website of this shower thing and look at the More Info, History, you will see that is exactly how it started. Why NOT make your own? The way he gets it pressurized is cool and makes the method somewhat universal.

It doesn't seem like it would be too hard, and yeah, one for drinking water too, would be good. This is a clever form factor for storing water.

:smile:

You could thread a hole for a schrader valve, use an air compressor, bicycle hand pump or like the one shown use a CO2 cartridge. Properly glued and bonded PVC should hold at least 40-50 PSI.

You could also insulate the drinking water one.

I do like how sleek and finished the product looks though.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gdub2306

Members Online