Right signal = high beams ?

Gunner

Original poster
Jan 23, 2019
Minnesota
Couple questions. When I signal right turn, it causes the high beam headlights to come on. 05 TB LS with 291,000 miles....have I built up enough crud in the multifunction switch to cause this? Second part: do I really have to remove the steering wheel to get the column covers off to replace the multifunction switch?? As a side note, I have also experienced the occasional "cruise control turns off by itself".

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
The steering wheel doesn't need to come off, to get the column covers off. You may just have to adjust the tilt angle to get easier access depending on your height, and arm length to swap out the bad switch.

Reactions: mrrsm and Mooseman

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Esclaade did it with 230k. Its just worn out honestly... steering cover is removed without pulling wheel. 45 minute or so job to replace the switch.

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Welcome to GMT Nation...

Last edited:
Reactions: Redbeard

Redbeard

Jan 26, 2013
"cruise control turns off by itself". Oh boy, the list is long on this. Mine typically was any codes were given it shut off the cruise control. If your code reader reads any codes it probably just shut down the cruise until you clear the codes. Going from memory if the cigarette lighter doesn't have power neither will the cruise - check your fuses.

Reactions: mrrsm

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moscoreli

Members Online