Retained Accessory Power for outlets

CaptainXL

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Does anyone know if there is any difference in the three 12volt outlets below the radio? Specifically I am trying to find out if the power to them should turn off after 20 or so minutes?

AtlWrk

Dec 6, 2011
Three outlets? I only have two. Either way, they are always on--connected through separate fuses to the battery.

RAP power is controlled through the data bus. Long wheel base models have a relay controlled by the BCM that provides RAP power to the sunroof and third windows. (SWB sunroofs have RAP power applied directly from the BCM, no relay). If you want one controlled by RAP you could rewire it to a relay controlled by the sunroof's RAP circuit.

CaptainXL

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
AtlWrk said:
Three outlets? I only have two. Either way, they are always on--connected through separate fuses to the battery.

RAP power is controlled through the data bus. Long wheel base models have a relay controlled by the BCM that provides RAP power to the sunroof and third windows. (SWB sunroofs have RAP power applied directly from the BCM, no relay). If you want one controlled by RAP you could rewire it to a relay controlled by the sunroof's RAP circuit.

Cool. I hope you didnt look that up for me. Lol. I have schematics. It just kind of slipped my mind that I had them. I guess taking care of kids does that to you.. Thanks.

AtlWrk

Dec 6, 2011
No problem. I know a few have asked about making the outlets switched 12V or RAP.

I knew the sunroof RAP info from when I rewired it to be powered at all times (got sick of having to put my key back in the ignition to close/open the sunroof if I had already opened a door).

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cunra731

Members Online

No members online now.