"Report a bug" thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

harmless

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Felt that we needed a place to put random, small bugs that need to be squashed...

Here's one:

View attachment 16503

Sometimes that button gets covered by ads.

Wouldn't it also be better located at the top of the page and not the bottom? Being it's a "quick" access type of button?

:thankyou:

Attachments

• Quick Nav.jpg
    Quick Nav.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 27

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
06Envoy said:
Not urgent, just an FYI.
120-albums13-465.jpg

I don't see any alignment code in there. What are you trying to do?

Upvote 0

06Envoy

Dec 4, 2011
Sorry, I'm being unclear.
I mean the elements of the page layout are not aligning correctly.

One example would be the text when it wraps is doubling.
I don't mean to say;
'CAI, and HIDS!' or
'TrailBlazer EXT' or
'Light'
twice.
And the grey background square is not aligning up with the text edit box.
And the smilies are over top of the other options.
It's hard to explain, that's why I took a screenshot.

The sig comes out fine, but it's displayed all funny on the edit page.

Upvote 0

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
06Envoy said:
Sorry, I'm being unclear.
I mean the elements of the page layout are not aligning correctly.

One example would be the text when it wraps is doubling.
I don't mean to say;
'CAI, and HIDS!' or
'TrailBlazer EXT' or
'Light'
twice.
And the grey background square is not aligning up with the text edit box.
And the smilies are over top of the other options.
It's hard to explain, that's why I took a screenshot.

The sig comes out fine, but it's displayed all funny on the edit page.

Do you have IE9 running in compatibility mode?

Upvote 0

06Envoy

Dec 4, 2011
No, but I tried it and it got a bit better? the doubling of text is now gone, but the alignment issues remain.

120-albums13-482.jpg

Upvote 0

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
lol.... easiest fix, use firefox!:biggrin:

I will pass this along to Jimmy and see what he can figure out.

Upvote 0

06Envoy

Dec 4, 2011
:raspberry: Who uses FF anyways..... IE is where it's at!!!!! :hissyfit:
OK!!! I keed, I keed!!!!!
Seriously, I actually like IE. After v9 of coarse.

Thanks for looking into it. As I said, it's not urgent, just bringing it to your collectives attention.

Upvote 0

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
06Envoy said:
Not urgent, just an FYI.
120-albums13-465.jpg

I acknowledge the problem, but I cannot fix it right away. I would say by next weekend it should be taken care of. It has been added to my list of chores list by Ghoster.

Upvote 0

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
This is VERY minor and I'm sure should be low on the list, but I've noticed that most of the smileys look like they're slightly resized. It makes most of them look kind of funny, fuzzy or blurry or something. A couple of them are slightly cropped too such as the confused smiley (bottom and right side of the round face have flat spots).

Again, very minor since I'm sure the list of important things is much longer, but I just wanted to mention it.

Oh, something else I just noticed - common smiley code such as :smile: :sadcry: :biggrin: :tongue: doesn't work.

One more thing: Randomly people's post text color changes to a purplish color, and it even shows up in the BB code. Not sure what's triggering it yet. So far, none of mine have done that.

Upvote 0

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Sparky said:
One more thing: Randomly people's post text color changes to a purplish color, and it even shows up in the BB code. Not sure what's triggering it yet. So far, none of mine have done that.

They are doing that intentionally. It is to signal sarcasm. There is actually a thread around here somewhere about it.

Upvote 0

SSWannabe

Dec 5, 2011
When Clicking "SAVE CHANGES" button when accepting incomming friend request doesn't work on my end. may be just me but i figured i throw it out there
!

Upvote 0

harmless

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
I'd like to complain about this site's complete disrespect for the general consumer. There needs to be more ads, more google banners, more Toyota, more more MOAR!!!! What happens if I forget that I'm on the internet and can't remember which search engine to use or what kind of vehicle I don't drive?! Heck, how am I supposed to remember who's feeding me all this useless information!?

I feel a crisis coming on...
:faint:

Of course I'm KIDDING. :biggrin: It's nice to be able to troll a forum and not get hammered by spam. :wootwoot:

Just another gratuitous THANK YOU to the guys who brought us this new home!! :celebrate:

Upvote 0

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Regulator said:
They are doing that intentionally. It is to signal sarcasm. There is actually a thread around here somewhere about it.

Aha, gotcha. Makes sense!

Upvote 0

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
SSWannabe said:
When Clicking "SAVE CHANGES" button when accepting incomming friend request doesn't work on my end. may be just me but i figured i throw it out there
!

Are you check marking the box on the picture of the person sending the request before trying to save the change?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jvest